Relaxing adventure game 'Submerged: Hidden Depths' gets announcement trailer

SUBMERGED.png

Australian indie developer Uppercut Games have announced a sequel to their 2015 water-based exploration game, Submerged. They are describing Submerged: Hidden Depths as a ‘relaxploration’ adventure game where players will get to scale crumbling skyscrapers, encounter new creatures and solve long abandoned puzzles as they attempt to piece together an enigmatic story.

Submerged: Hidden Depths is a relaxing, third-person exploration game set in a hauntingly beautiful world of water and ruins. Play as siblings - one determined to use her curse for good, the other determined to not let it destroy them. Navigate the tranquil blue waters and pounding whitecaps as you scour the city ruins for the seeds of its salvation. Mysterious villages cling to the crumbling tips of skyscrapers, remnants of the drowned city below. Enigmatic creatures ride the wake as your boat breaks the waves, while deep below, lost treasures sparkle amongst the growing darkness.

Key features of Submerged: Hidden Depths include:
  • Vast Outdoor Environments: Explore a rich, colourful and vibrant world.
  • Relaxing Experience: Play at your own pace with the freedom to enjoy the beauty of Submerged: Hidden Depths.
  • Discovery: Search for hidden objects to uncover the story, find upgrades for the boat and discover new creatures.
  • Boating: Cruise through the striking city streets in the powered boat, spotting new areas for exploration.
  • Puzzles: Climb, sail and use abandoned mechanisms to solve physics puzzles and reveal the city’s mystery.
  • Expanded Player Tools: Fans of the prequel, Submerged, will enjoy further developed tools and puzzles as they progress through Submerged: Hidden Depths.

There is no current release window for Submerged: Hidden Depths but it will launch on PC via Steam as well as Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game made to relax... isn't that the goal of all games?
I mean, if you stress and yell while gaming, then you're bad at gaming
Umm, no. Not all games are meant to relax a person. They are meant to distract, be fun, and help with unwinding from stress, but relaxation isn't something that all games are meant to do. This particular game IS a relaxing game, and is meant to be a slow-paced mystery-puzzler without a lot of fast paced action or jump-scare surprises.

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who plays Dark Souls without feeling stress??
Thank you for a great example. I can't imagine someone so terrific at a game that they can just be perfectly calm while playing. Must be the most blase' type of person and a real thrill /s to be in the company of.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
A game made to relax... isn't that the goal of all games?
I mean, if you stress and yell while gaming, then you're bad at gaming

I play some games for the adrenaline rush like for example Doom 2016, Deadspace, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc

But on the other hand when I'm feeling burnt out after a long day out hustling I play games which are more laid back and have a calming and relaxing effect on my nerves, mostly open world games like FarCry New-Dawn or GTA5 where I just go explore and try to avoid combat just to enjoy the scenery and relax. I think this is what the devs mean by relaxing game.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you for a great example. I can't imagine someone so terrific at a game that they can just be perfectly calm while playing. Must be the most blase' type of person and a real thrill /s to be in the company of.
My hands were shaking and got cold yesterday as I fought Amygdala for the first time in bloodborne. I'm usually calm but when that thing tore it's arms off to use as clubs I started panicking :wacko:

Reactions: Ottoclav

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, I think there is a misunderstanding in what I said.
When I said that gaming shouldn't be about stress, i didn't mean it shouldn't be about adrenaline or such.
I meant stress as in it shouldn't be a task, a job, a corvey...
Jobs that are MADE to relax are very rare these days
That's what I meant....

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll only play it if you can have dolphin sex or at least witness it in high definition 4K. Freaking Ecco The Dolphin was always a let down in that respect. Had you been able to give Ecoo a handy perhaps, then maybe it would have had charm, but no; no handys made it into the game, thus robbing it of the origin story upon which it was based, so I hope this game at least gets that much right. And I'm out!

• Haha
Reactions: slaphappygamer

JayPea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game has been out since 3rd Dec on Stadia and isn't new or particularly great. The art style is kinda interesting but 5H and it's done.

Here's the play-through & the credits roll at 5h31s

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's the kind of games I'm interested in.
And 5H to complete it is great for me ! (or anyone working, with family, and not having lot of free time). It allows me to see lot of different games instead of playing the same one for a year... or never completing any.

I haven't played the first one yet, but I noticed it in 2015. I'll put them on my list for this year.

The music in that trailer reminded me of Xenogears' June mermaid.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Looks meh.
And for the ones that say dark souls is stressing: git gud, only demons souls was a bit hard for me back in the day the subsequent ones were a breeze, you just have to know how these game mechanics "works" and don't be rushy chicken: then you pretty much mastered the franchise. You'll die just for bosses one or two times till you grasp on his moves and some invaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.