Australian indie developer Uppercut Games have announced a sequel to their 2015 water-based exploration game, Submerged. They are describing Submerged: Hidden Depths as a ‘relaxploration’ adventure game where players will get to scale crumbling skyscrapers, encounter new creatures and solve long abandoned puzzles as they attempt to piece together an enigmatic story.
Submerged: Hidden Depths is a relaxing, third-person exploration game set in a hauntingly beautiful world of water and ruins. Play as siblings - one determined to use her curse for good, the other determined to not let it destroy them. Navigate the tranquil blue waters and pounding whitecaps as you scour the city ruins for the seeds of its salvation. Mysterious villages cling to the crumbling tips of skyscrapers, remnants of the drowned city below. Enigmatic creatures ride the wake as your boat breaks the waves, while deep below, lost treasures sparkle amongst the growing darkness.
Key features of Submerged: Hidden Depths include:
- Vast Outdoor Environments: Explore a rich, colourful and vibrant world.
- Relaxing Experience: Play at your own pace with the freedom to enjoy the beauty of Submerged: Hidden Depths.
- Discovery: Search for hidden objects to uncover the story, find upgrades for the boat and discover new creatures.
- Boating: Cruise through the striking city streets in the powered boat, spotting new areas for exploration.
- Puzzles: Climb, sail and use abandoned mechanisms to solve physics puzzles and reveal the city’s mystery.
- Expanded Player Tools: Fans of the prequel, Submerged, will enjoy further developed tools and puzzles as they progress through Submerged: Hidden Depths.
There is no current release window for Submerged: Hidden Depths but it will launch on PC via Steam as well as Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox