Hacking Reinstalling custom firmware

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I foolishly pulled the harddrive out of my ps3, which had Rebug installed, plugged it into my PC and initialised the disk with Windows (I haven't used my console for years so I'd totally forgotten how to add new games).

The console says it wants to reformat the partition and reinstall now. Am I correct in saying I just need to download the latest version of Rebug and install it via USB? Or do I need to install OFW 4.82 again then install rebug?

Just want to make sure I don't screw up and accidentally brick my console! Or if there's anyway of saving my old installation that would be great.
Also I've totally forgotten how to add backups, I'm assuming it's not by plugging the hard drive into a windows machine!

Many thanks

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now is the time to look for a better hard drive! They are all over the place.. but yeah just reinstall what they want and follow the tutorial for 4.86 you can even update online go on psn store before you put cfw... install netflix amazon

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's cex2dex you just reinstall rebug drex (highest version is 4.84 4.85 and 6 are cex lite versions otherwise if you have cex (retail) just install 4.86 hfw then use that method to reinstall cfw ferrox/rebug lite

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Now is the time to look for a better hard drive! They are all over the place.. but yeah just reinstall what they want and follow the tutorial for 4.86 you can even update online go on psn store before you put cfw... install netflix amazon
So I need to install the 4.82 OFW first then follow the tutorial for CFW?

if it's cex2dex you just reinstall rebug drex (highest version is 4.84 4.85 and 6 are cex lite versions otherwise if you have cex (retail) just install 4.86 hfw then use that method to reinstall cfw ferrox/rebug lite
The old CFW I had was REBUG_4.82.2_LITE, I'm not sure which one that is!

Last edited by Trace_hunter,

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes OFW 4.82 I don<t think you have a choice and don<t think you can brick your ps3 now so much. Waninkoko was a long time ago.

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help, I straight up installed rebug 4.86.1 and it worked fine.
Now to try and remember how to get my games back!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock