Hacking Reinstall luma on 11.2

netster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
My microsd card recently corrupted itself and my 3ds refused to boot so I formatted the SD card and copied back files from a backup I believe is from the most recent time I installed however it still would boot. I tried formatting my 3ds and trying to reinstall luma etc but I'm at a bit of a loss. When I boot up with a blank microsd I do get the luma 3ds v6.6 config screen but I'm not sure what to do from here....
Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Reactions: dank0i

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a clean boot.firm (I believe the file is) and try that, maybe even recopy whatever the file was to the NAND again. if anything your Nintendo 3DS folder may be corrupted but I don't think that matters

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,
My microsd card recently corrupted itself and my 3ds refused to boot so I formatted the SD card and copied back files from a backup I believe is from the most recent time I installed however it still would boot. I tried formatting my 3ds and trying to reinstall luma etc but I'm at a bit of a loss. When I boot up with a blank microsd I do get the luma 3ds v6.6 config screen but I'm not sure what to do from here....
Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Get arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Your problem is that you have A9LH (which uses arm9loaderhax.bin not boot.firm), and when there is no valid file to boot with on the SD card it boots from the one in the system. If this helps you boot up then follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s to have the latest stuff (and you'll be able to update to the latest firmware). If it doesn't, get a new SD card and try with that.

netster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Your problem is that you have A9LH (which uses arm9loaderhax.bin not boot.firm), and when there is no valid file to boot with on the SD card it boots from the one in the system. If this helps you boot up then follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s to have the latest stuff (and you'll be able to update to the latest firmware). If it doesn't, get a new SD card and try with that.

At the moment on my sd card all i have is an empty luma folder and the 3ds boots up fine.

Do i copy the backup i have onto the sdcard then replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root with the one from 7.0.5 or just place arm9loaderhax.bin without restoring the backup of the sd card?

Last edited by netster,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
At the moment on my sd card all i have is an empty luma folder and the 3ds boots up fine.

Do i copy the backup i have onto the sdcard then replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root with the one from 7.0.5 or just place arm9loaderhax.bin without restoring the backup of the sd card?
It shouldn't matter

netster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I followed the guide upto section 5 but there was no Luma Updater in the software section in the settings folder and I dont have fbi installer to proceed.... not sure wht to do from here

Last edited by netster,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the guide upto section 5 but there was no Luma Updater in the software section in the settings folder and I dont have fbi installer to proceed.... not sure wht to do from here
What do you mean by the settings folder? I don't think there will be a folder called settings on the SD card. If you have done section IV you will have FBI and Luma Updater installed to your home menu. Which is the step that's causing the problem?

netster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

What do you mean by the settings folder? I don't think there will be a folder called settings on the SD card. If you have done section IV you will have FBI and Luma Updater installed to your home menu. Which is the step that's causing the problem?
I updated as per step 4 but i dont see FBI or Luma Updater on the homescreen

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm now on section Section V - Installing Luma3DS Updater , i just updated as mentioned in section 4.
But Luma updater & fbi are not there there
Did you put the cias on your card and install them as section IV says?

Edit: what guide are you following?? Section V is installing DSP dump.

Section V - DSP Dump
  1. Launch the DSP1 application
  2. Once it has completed, press (B) to self-delete the app and return to the home menu

Here is the whole page:
Finalizing Setup
For support in English, ask for help at Nintendo Homebrew on Discord.
If you appreciate this guide, I accept Donations.

REQUIRED READING
Required Reading
The file boot.firm is what is launched by boot9strap itself after it finishes loading off of NAND, and can be any valid arm9 payload in the FIRM format. This file can be replaced at any time, although Luma3DS allows for the launch of other arm9 payloads in the FIRM format using the Luma3DS chainloader.

In this case, we use Luma3DS by AuroraWright to boot a patched SysNAND directly, allowing us to completely bypass the need for any kind of EmuNAND, vastly simplifying the usage of a hacked 3DS in addition to saving SD card space.

During this process, we also setup programs such as the following:

• FBI (installs CIA formatted games and applications)
  • Anemone3DS (installs custom themes)
  • Checkpoint (backs up and restores save files for 3DS and DS games)
  • Luma3DS Updater (updates your CFW installation easily)
  • GodMode9 (multipurpose tool which can do NAND and cartridge functions)
  • Homebrew Launcher Loader (launches the Homebrew Launcher)
What You Need
Instructions
Section I - Prep Work
  1. Power off your device
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Create a folder named 3ds on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  4. Create a folder named cias on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  5. Copy FBI.3dsx to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card
  6. Copy hblauncher_loader.cia from the hblauncher_loader .zip to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  7. Copy lumaupdater.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  8. Copy FBI.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  9. Copy DSP1.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  10. Copy Anemone3DS.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  11. Copy Checkpoint.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card

cias-file-layout.png

12. Create a folder named payloads in the lumafolder on your SD card if it does not already exist
  13. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zipto the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  14. Copy the gm9 folder from the GodMode9 .zipto the root of your SD card
  15. Copy setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9 to the /gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card
  16. Copy cleanup_sd_card.gm9 to the /gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card

finalizing-setup-file-layout.png

Note that, depending on the method used to install boot9strap, your device’s SD card may not have the soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a, otherapp.bin, or safehaxpayload.bin files from the above screenshot.
  17. Reinsert your SD card into your device
  18. Power on your device
Section II - Updating the System
If, while following a previous version of this guide, you CTRTransfered your New 3DS to 2.1.0, now is the time to restore your NAND backup before doing this section.

If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNANDbefore doing this section.

1. Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using B9S + Luma (what you have) are safe
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error, follow CTRTransfer, then try updating again
Section III - Launching FBI
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  5. Press (B) to continue
  6. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  7. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  8. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  9. Launch the Download Play application
  10. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
  11. Launch FBI from the list of homebrew
Section IV - Installing CIAs
  1. Navigate to SD -> cias
  2. Select “<current directory>”
  3. Select the “Install and delete all CIAs” option, then press (A) to confirm
  4. Press (Home), then close Download Play
Section V - DSP Dump
  1. Launch the DSP1 application
  2. Once it has completed, press (B) to self-delete the app and return to the home menu
Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  3. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  4. If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
    • Note that, if you had to fix the RTC date and time, you will have to fix the time in the System Settings as well after this guide
  5. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  6. Select “Scripts…”
  7. Select “setup_ctrnand_luma3ds”
  8. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  9. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  10. Press (A) to continue
  11. Press (A) to relock write permissions
Section VII - Backup Essential Files
  1. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  2. Select “Scripts…”
  3. Select “Backup SysNAND”
  4. Press (A) to confirm
    • This process will take some time
    • If you get an error, make sure that you have at least 1.2GB to 1.3GB of free space on your SD card
  5. Press (A) to continue
  6. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  7. Insert your SD card into your computer
  8. Copy <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin and essential.exefs from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer
    • Make backups in multiple locations (such as online file storage)
    • These backups will save you from a brick and/or help you recover files from the NAND image if anything goes wrong in the future
  9. Delete <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.binand <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.shafrom the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card after copying it
  10. Reinsert your SD card into your device
Section VIII - Cleanup SD Card
  1. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  2. Select “Scripts…”
  3. Select “cleanup_sd_card”
  4. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  5. Press (A) to continue
  6. Press (Start) to reboot

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1