Hacking Reinand 9.5 running homebrew

KuroYuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run homebrew in reinand/emunand-mode 9.5? I want to install a custom theme onto reinand mode. My nands are not linked, I have a new 3ds, and I'm running the reinand cfw.

Thanks

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can run homebrew with Reinand, yes. If you can install a CIA installer like FBI or DevMenu, you should have no difficulties after that. As for how you'd do that with an emunand already on 9.5, well, I would guess that you'd have to start over with a fresh 9.2 or below emunand, use ninjhax (or whatever hax)/gateway/health and safety injection to install your CIA installer, then upgrade back to 9.5. In my situation, I just used my gateway to install FBI, and then I switched MSET ROPs to Reinand; been smooth sailing ever since..

KuroYuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so there isnt any homebrew exploits for >9.2 n3ds? Since there are homebrew exploits for >9.2 o3ds..
Oh well, how can I downgrade emunand?

Last edited by KuroYuki,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could maybe see if Ninjhax 2.0 (or tubehax/ironhax/oothax, whatever you use) works on Reinand 9.5, I have yet to try it. If it does, you could use that to run homebrew (and probably install CIAs, need to try this though, not sure how much kernel stuff Reinand blocks, if any!).

Edit: To "downgrade" your emunand, you could just create it again (backup your SD card contents) with the Gateway menu, or another similar tool, but that would create a re-linked emunand image. I guess you could also downgrade with CIAs, but that's sort of a chicken and egg problem right now, isn't it?

Last edited by daxtsu,

KuroYuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, not sure since those exploits are for old 3ds.. Could be worth a try I guess. Thanks

Edit: Actually, I think ninjhax 2.0 may work since it supports n3ds 9.5.0. Need to test this later.

Last edited by KuroYuki,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alright, I just tested ninjhax 2.0 on Reinand (via a CIA of Cubic Ninja) and it indeed runs. Now to see if FBI works..

Edit: FBI runs, but it claims that it can't open any CIA file that you throw at it ("Install failed! <cia name here> Could not open file. Press START to continue."), so I guess that's out.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: KuroYuki

KuroYuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just tested ninjhax 2.0 on Reinand (via a CIA of Cubic Ninja) and it indeed runs. Now to see if FBI works..

Edit: FBI runs, but it claims that it can't open any CIA file that you throw at it ("Install failed! <cia name here> Could not open file. Press START to continue."), so I guess that's out.

Cool, thanks.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not really sure what other route to suggest with unlinked NANDs. If you still had them linked, you could probably boot ReiNAND or Cakes into sysNAND and install FBI to it that way (but backup your sysNAND before trying, so you have a clean state to go back to if you ever need to)..

Last edited by daxtsu,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In that case, you can probably just run one of the extdata homebrew editors (or CHMM) through Ninjhax 2.0 and be fine. Homebrew in CIA format is a lot more convenient on Reinand/emunand though, just saying. :P

Last edited by daxtsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1