register errors

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by scrtmstr, Feb 14, 2011.

Feb 14, 2011

register errors by scrtmstr at 7:22 PM (767 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. scrtmstr
    OP

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    My pc is 4 months old, and I love it to bits. The only problem is, I've been getting a lot of BSOD's. 4 in total. I just took a 2 week leave from school and stuff, and went off, and my pc wasn't used in that period. The BSOD's before I left were all 0x000007e's, which means the register is fucked. I cleaned the register with Norton 360, and all was fine. But a month later, it would happen again.
    Now, I arrived back home, turned it on and it was working fine. But suddenly, while working on a big essay, it gives me a BSOD with 0x00007e again, but now, there's this behind it:
    0x00007e (0x000008 , 0x000008e , 0x000009 , 0x000010)
    It also took a lot of time to make the minidump. The first 3 BSOD's were a matter of seconds, this was 1.5-2 minutes. When it turned back on, I immediatly cleaned the register again, and norton couldn't find any faults, nor any viruses. A quick google search told me to clean the register (which I did already).

so I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated, because I can't do without my computer now that I'm in my exam period.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Whoever told you 7e is a registry error is trying to sell you something.

Upload the dump files onto mediafire.com and link us.

3. scrtmstr
    OP

Netherlands
    Sorry for the late response, but I'm not able to upload my minidump. W7 doesn't let me, for some reason. When I try to upload it, it asks for a password (I'm logged in as an administrator and have access to the dump) but it still asks for one. When I enter my password, mediafire gives me an error.

So I'll try some other stuff, but how can I prevent this error in the future, because I can't lose any of my files now.

4. Rydian

United States
    Copy the file to your desktop and then upload the copy.

5. ferdi-t

Member ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    A surefire way to solve the problem would be to backup your files (for example to a usb-drive or to gmail using the gspace plugin for firefox), then reinstall Winows. It won't help you find the problem, but it should give you a working computer again. If the error persists after that it means that your bios could be screwed. In that case you could try to flash it.

If your computer is four months old, then you could also return it to the store, as it's still under warranty. If the store chooses, however, to sent it away for repairs then you would be without a pc for some time.

6. scrtmstr
    OP

Netherlands
    @ferdi-t I haven't got the 7 install disk, I will have to make one when I've got time. I'll try it, but I'm more looking into returning.
    As for the minidump, I tried to copy it, went away for a couple of seconds, got distracted by the telly, and when I came back, the pc was completly frozen. It wasn't even degrafmenting or converting. So I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    I think I'm going to send it back, because this isn't normal for a pc. The strange thing is though, that my parents have got the exact same pc, and they haven't got any problems.

7. Rydian

United States