Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. I recently got the idea to make a thread about compatibility list regarding regionthree. While looking at official regionthree thread, I saw one guy reported that one game does not work at all. I was thinking about it and came to a conclusion that main reason for that is due to system menu. If you watch Smea's video, you can see that system menu determines what language will game be in some cases. For example, Japanese Smash Bros played on English because Smea's system menu on 3DS was on English too. Let's make a comparison with Wii. Anyone who has a hacked Wii already knows that some Japanese games will fail to start if Wii system menu is on English so Gecko OS is best solution for it because you can force Japanese as a language there. But Smea's exploit does not force language and instead just bypasses region lock while still using system menu language as a base. As a result, some games that are programmed differently will fail too boot just like the case was for Wii while some will boot on English and some will normally boot but still on Japanese regardless of system menu.
The main goal of this thread is to help people see if the game is compatible or not so that they know should they import or not. I myself will start importing 3DS games and I already ordered one so I will contribute to the list as well. So I am calling all the importers to start confirming games and also report do they play on English or not. That will also be helpful very much.
Let me start the list with some games I know confirmed and hopefully we will expand the list fast :D

Blue = Working
Red = Not working
Orange = Issues

#A

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Europe) - Working
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Japanese) - Not working
Asphalt 3D (US) - Working

#B
Bibi Blockberg Hexenbesen 2 (German) - Working, plays on German
Biohazard: Mercenaries (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese, but the menus are in English
Bravely Default: For the Sequel (Japanese) - Working

#E

Etrian Odyssey Untold (US) - Working

#F
Fire Emblem Awakening (Europe) - Working, except DLC
Fire Emblem Awakening (US) - Spotpass and Streetpass not working.
Final Fantasy (Japanese) - Working, plays in Japanese

#H
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

#I
Inazuma Eleven GO 2 Chrono Stone: Neppu (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese
Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy: Big Bang (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

#KKid Icarus: Uprising (US) - Working

Kid Icarus: Uprising (Europe) - Working
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (US) - Working
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Japanese) - Working

#M
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (US) - Works, but 1.1 patch is not detected if system and game region is not same
Monster Hunter 4 (Japanese) - Works, but no online support due to 1.1 patch incompatibility

Mario Kart 7 (US) - Working

#N
New Love Plus (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese, and installs 4422 blocks of Extra Data

#O

One Piece Super Grand Battle X! (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

#P
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Japanese) - Working, English and Japanese selectable in menu

Pokémon Omega Ruby (Europe) - Working
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (US) - Working
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (US) - Working
Pokémon Rumble Blast (US) - Not working
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (US) - Not working

Persona Q (Europe) - Working

#R
Rune Factory 4 (US) - Working

Rhythm Thief R (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

#S
Super Smash Bros For 3DS (Japanese) - Working, language depends on system menu language
Senran Kagura 2 Shinku (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese
Schlag Den Raab (German) - Working, plays on German
Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives - Only 3D Space Harrier and the credits screen work, the rest of the games reset the system
Super Street Fighter IV (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

#T

Taiko no Tatsujin: Don & Katsu's Space-Time Adventure - Working except DLC
Tomodachi Life (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese
Tomodachi Life (European) - Not working
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (US) - Working
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Europe) - Working
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time 3D (US) - Working

#Y
Yoshi's New Island (US) - Working, language depends on system menu language
Youkai Watch (Japanese) - Working, plays on Japanese

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Regionthree works with sysNAND, every Game that depends (doesn't mean the Version it shows with rom_tool) on higher FW than sysNAND, might fail to work.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Since Regionthree works with sysNAND, every Game that depends (doesn't mean the Version it shows with rom_tool) on higher FW than sysNAND, might fail to work.

Thanks for such information. That is why it is best to use regionthree with latest firmware to maximally avoid any possible issues. However there might be games that depend on system menu language and won't work even if latest firmware is on console.

Reactions: liomajor

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for such information. That is why it is best to use regionthree with latest firmware to maximally avoid any possible issues. However there might be games that depend on system menu language and won't work even if latest firmware is on console.

Most likely it will choose its default language if it has more than one.

BudWinston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomodachi Life European Version does NOT work on RegionThree.. Japanese Version works just fine.
Thank you, Ralph1611!
I've been deciding if I wanted to risk losing my buying an imported Tomodachi Collection: New Life to try to play on my US 3DS using regionthree. Also, what region is your 3DS?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, Ralph1611!
I've been deciding if I wanted to risk losing my buying an imported Tomodachi Collection: New Life to try to play on my US 3DS using regionthree. Also, what region is your 3DS?

US version that I tested the EUR and JPN Tomodachis on.. But im pretty sure the US version will work....

I am certain the Tomodachi Collection JPN will work on the US 3ds with RegionThree

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you everyone who contributed to this list, I added all the reports. Tomodachi Collection will be added only when tested by someone. I would prefer not to add speculated working games.
I ordered Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy and I will personally confirm does it work. It might arrive next week.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife test Schlag Den Raab and bibi Blockberg Hexenbesen 2 (both German 3ds games) and they work with Region Three

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
My wife test Schlag Den Raab and bibi Blockberg Hexenbesen 2 (both German 3ds games) and they work with Region Three

Awesome to know, do they play only on German or does it have some other language too.

There is also a Wiki entry regionthree Compatibility:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Regionthree_Compatibility_List#A

I didn't know about this. I am not good editor on wikis so I will write games here that people report, but it would be great if someone who is wiki expert could also add the games missing on wiki that are here so that we always make sure both wiki and this thread have all games reported.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Added all the games from wiki and the new ones reported. Thanks everyone who contributed, hopefully this list will grow :D
If you people see game already on list but you tested from another region, still tell me since we should try to cover all regions of games.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan (Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3) works with Regionthree? The game is only available in Japan, but I would love to play it. I'm guessing that it wouldn't have English support since it was never localized, but does anyone have the game to test with Regionthree?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1