Regionlock O/N3DS 10.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I have a lot of friends that have updated to 10.1 or less (not as low as 9.2 though) and would like to run the cartridge of the upcoming game MHX, are there any options for them? Importing the game isn't a problem, but they wouldn't go as far as buying a new jap console for it. Just a way to bypass that dumb region lock. Is it possible on updated consoles? If yes, what are the options for both old and new? Thanks.

2. Rusb

Rusb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Yes, you need only a way to load Smea's Homebrew Launcher (Ironhax, Tubehax, Themehax, browserhax, Ninjhax...) Homebrew Launcher have the region free included. (May not work with few games, like Majoras Mask)

Kibido and LameNobody like this.
  3. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    And these all work on 9.2+? Both old and new? Can you go online and load your backups? Thanks.

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Yes,
    all those hax work on 9.3+ till 10.1 on O3Ds and N3DS, don't know about online

And wait for the new RegionFive (R5) it should fix a few non working games from RegionFour, also with R5 you should be able to select a language if available.

[​IMG]

Last edited by DjoeN, Sep 28, 2015
    fmkid and Kibido like this.
  5. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    ohhh wow - please let it run Majoras Mask <3
    i really want to play it on my n3ds (japanese unit) - not o3ds xl :_:

6. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    It should... That's actually the main point of R5, to solve the language file issues with certain games (like MM)

voddy likes this.
  7. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Can you play online with regionfour/five?