Hacking Region free vWii?

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to make my PAL vWii region free, as running some NTSC VC games makes the music play at 50hz, basically killing the experience. Yes, I have tried making the VC games region free. It did nothing. Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
instead of editing the game itself (the wad?), you can try to launch the game using a game loader which has more settings, like video mode.
Wiiflow can list and launch channels installed to NAND, and you can force a video mode (which could affect the sound's speed, depending how the game is coded). try with "force NTSC 480p"

Another solution is to use EmuNAND feature.
Do use it, you need to make a copy of your console's memory to a folder on your SD or USB, and use that folder as if it was your real console. (redirected NAND access).
Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX allow you to do it, it's very easy to setup and use but it's not 100% compatible with games.

USBGX > settings > features : Dump NAND > full
USBGX > top menu > 4th icon : enable "channel on emuNAND"
Done.

You can install new games from :
USBGX > settings > features > emuNAND Wad manager

If your game doesn't work, you'll need another step, which is more complicated (called Neek), but we will see later, only if needed.
So, you have already 2 solutions:
install game to console, launch it with loader
install game to emuNAND, launch it with loader

installing to emuNAND has the advantage of free space : you can install up to 2TB of games, instead of the limited 512MB/48 games of Wii/vWii.

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok the download for Wiiflow is broken, and Wiiflow lite doesn't seem to allow the loading of channels. What now?

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping this, as it's a very similar topic. I tried to install a different NTSC WAD, but this time it's showing a black screen. I tried every possible video setting in USB Loader GX with a region free patched WAD, and did it again with a regular NTSC WAD. How would installing to an emunand help if space isn't a problem for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1