Region free on 11.0

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Virdoo, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

I've got New 3DS with 11.0 and USA version of Pokemon X. Is there anything to install on console which can remove region of my EU console so I can play Pokemon X on it? I know for app which can be loaded over browser hax, but process is way to long. I want some short way to do it. Anything?

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Set up the homebrew launcher and use HANS

HaloEffect17 and proflayton123 like this.
  3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You can just use Region Four in the HBL? / Also HANS like the user above said~

4. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Little off topic, but I thought pokemon X/Y were region free by default. Is that not the case?

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  5. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    If i remember good I need to launch homebrew (browserhax for example) first to launch hans. Right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

X Y region free? I will try it, but i dont think so.

6. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    only cia version

8BitWonder and proflayton123 like this.
  7. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You should install MenuHax to take less time having to use browserhaxx, iirc its been updated to work with 11 FIRM.

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Any other way to do it? I want something like Luma CFW has.

9. Piluvr

Piluvr Resident Masturbator

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind you
    then downgrade with dsiware.

10. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You can't get CFW unless you get a hardmod performed on 11 FIRM or the DSI Exploit method, which needs an already hacked 3DS.

11. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    no there is no way doing a thing like that if you dont have a hardmod or have second hacked
    3ds just use menuhax

edit: ninja'Ed x2

12. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I have second old 3ds with luma CFW. Is it possible to downgrade it without buying DS games and arm9?

13. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    You need the dsi game or else you can't do it.

14. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    GilgameshArcher likes this.
  15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    while the actual game is region free, the presence of the E/U/J system update on each respective cart acts as a secondary region lock.....so its not region free, but the actual game data is exactly the same on all region including having the region free flag set on the icon file, which is why pokemon games are the only retail carts that will show up on any region when inserted (but thrown an error when you try to launch the game), while other games will never show up at all if the cart isn't for the same region as the console

oh btw if one system is EU and one is US you cannot do a system transfer to do the DSi hax downgrade anyway

Last edited by gamesquest1, Aug 14, 2016
    Quantumcat and 8BitWonder like this.
  16. RedHero

RedHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hello guys. I have a sister who is moving to the USA in 6-12 months from Europe. Me, my brother and our youngest sister want to get her a 3DS so we can play together for the remaining months she's still here... while she can also use the system in the US to play those games. We're considering importing a US system, but chances are the extra costs will end up being insanely high (basically, it could cost us up to 350 Euros, if not more), unless we happen to be very lucky.

So I'm considering to get her a PAL N3DS XL and removing the region lock. It's not like Nintendo will release anymore significant updates for the system anyway, so she wouldn't be missing out on important updates. Anyway, I can't really find a good way to remove the region lock for later firmware... I'm assuming a new system will come with 11.0.0 firmware or at least after 10.0. Cubic Ninja wouldn't work unless I'd downgrade and I imagine the game's very expensive to get. So is there a way to remove the region lock without that game? Ideally, she'd just insert a game card of any region and would then be able to just play it like a regular 3DS game... but if some external homebrew program is required, it's fine as well.

I can manage to install that menuhax thing and possibly that browserhax thing if it's required, but I'm a little lost in what else I'd need to do to remove the region lock.

17. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    If it comes on 11.0 you can install menuhax to auto boot the homebrew launcher and then use hans (for example, any other region free program would work too) on the inserted cartridge.

If it comes below 11.0 you can hack it, install a9lh and not having to worry about anything. Luma3ds will launch everything.

18. eyeliner

eyeliner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2006
    Get a soldering iron. Have fun with it, and then hardmod like a champ.

olec04 likes this.