Region Change: online server question

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Takeshi56, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Takeshi56
    OP

Takeshi56 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    So I region changed my nintendo 3DS from Japan to a USA one. And on the system settings of the emunand it says "RX-E 10.7.0-32U" and I can't open eShop since I region changed. I get that. But when I played Super Smash Bros. I noticed that it somehow still connects to the Japanese server as the other players' names are still in japanese. Is this normal on a region changed 3ds or did I do something wrong?

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Takeshi56
    OP

Takeshi56 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    But I have changed it? I'm pretty sure since I used RXTools to inject the new SecureInfo (USA) from a "donor". So the whole interface is essentially in English. Which is why I don't get why it still connects to Japanese servers.

Last edited by Takeshi56, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    about the smash I think is normal finding japanese users online since it's ramdom who you get to play with?
    for eshop I think you need the secure info there... I herad it need to be from an never got online 3DS, not sure if this is true ....

5. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Yep, but if this secureinfo_a is already used by someone else, it won't work...

6. fwannmacher

fwannmacher Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    Brazil
    I don't know if I have the same problem, but I've changed my aussie n3DS Emunand to US using my own SecureInfo (from my o3DS), but I get the error 005-5958 every time I try to access the eShop.

7. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    I pwned U! is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I have the exact same error, but unfortunately I am still not quite sure how to fix it.

The Cringe likes this.
  8. fwannmacher

fwannmacher Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2016
    Brazil
    I saw someone in a forum saying that error occurs because there are some preinstalled applications those doesn't exist in the new region server, so when it tries to verify those apps, the error is raised.

Or something like that :-P