Misc Region Change: online server question

Takeshi56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I region changed my nintendo 3DS from Japan to a USA one. And on the system settings of the emunand it says "RX-E 10.7.0-32U" and I can't open eShop since I region changed. I get that. But when I played Super Smash Bros. I noticed that it somehow still connects to the Japanese server as the other players' names are still in japanese. Is this normal on a region changed 3ds or did I do something wrong?

Takeshi56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Normal if you haven't change the secureInfo_A.

More infos: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nandrw/sys/SecureInfo_A
(it contains the serial number of your 3ds) Changing it to a japanese secureinfo will permit you to connect to the eShop!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/

But I have changed it? I'm pretty sure since I used RXTools to inject the new SecureInfo (USA) from a "donor". So the whole interface is essentially in English. Which is why I don't get why it still connects to Japanese servers.

Last edited by Takeshi56,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
about the smash I think is normal finding japanese users online since it's ramdom who you get to play with?
for eshop I think you need the secure info there... I herad it need to be from an never got online 3DS, not sure if this is true ....

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But I have changed it? I'm pretty sure since I used RXTools to inject the new SecureInfo (USA) from a "donor". So the whole interface is essentially in English. Which is why I don't get why it still connects to Japanese servers.
Yep, but if this secureinfo_a is already used by someone else, it won't work...

fwannmacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if I have the same problem, but I've changed my aussie n3DS Emunand to US using my own SecureInfo (from my o3DS), but I get the error 005-5958 every time I try to access the eShop.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I have the same problem, but I've changed my aussie n3DS Emunand to US using my own SecureInfo (from my o3DS), but I get the error 005-5958 every time I try to access the eShop.
I have the exact same error, but unfortunately I am still not quite sure how to fix it.

Reactions: The Cringe

fwannmacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw someone in a forum saying that error occurs because there are some preinstalled applications those doesn't exist in the new region server, so when it tries to verify those apps, the error is raised.

Or something like that :-P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over