region chance without internet access

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zzr600, Dec 14, 2008.

Dec 14, 2008
  1. zzr600
    OP

Newcomer zzr600 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all - I'm a bit of a newbie at hacking Wiis, but has anyone got any ideas?

I have a Jap Wii that's been chipped (don't know type as I bought it from a shop in Hong Kong last November) but the Japanese system menu is stopping me using it fully - I can read Japanese. [​IMG]

I've spent a few days learning about the hacks, and so far have update the system to Jap3.2, installed Homebrew channel, put Anyregion Cchanger on an SD card and used it to change the video output to Pal (so I can play Tiger woods golf and see the whole screen). [​IMG]

But...I cannot update the system menu to Pal or US!. When I ask Anyregion Changer to load the new menu it tries to access the internet to get the files, but I don't have Internet set up because I can't read the Wii menu to get it set-up!

I guess if I had a Homebrew application on the SD card that set-up the internet connection for me, or I could get the US or PAL system menu onto an SD card it wouldn't need the internet to get it. But I can't find these. [​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. The Frenchman

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I can give you screenshots of the English options, so then you can find your option (they look the same just in different languages) then you could just change the language to english...

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I could guess that you have to Install the RVL-Systemmenu-v257.wad for changing your Wii to PAL, but this is only guessing. Somebody should confirm if this is what AnyRG does

or PM me so I can give you my skype or msn and set up your connection step by step, IF you want me to help you this way

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Yeah you need some Screenshots on the Language, then you can set your connection up and change regions... [​IMG]