Reggie Fils-Aimé on NX "For us it's not about the specs"

When Reggie, the president of Nintendo of America, was asked yesterday about how he felt the NX stacks up against the new Xbox and Playstation consoles, he responded in an expected (but still disappointing) way.

Reggie said:
"You know for us, it’s not about specs, it’s not about teraflops, it’s not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us it’s about content. Nintendo is a content focused company. We create entertainment that makes people smile so for us, we’re focused on bringing our best entertainment to the Wii U as well as the NX in the future.

For us whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that’s for them to fight out in that red ocean. For us, we want to make sure we're bringing our best content forward and right now the reaction to Zelda has been more than we could have ever imagined."

I'm sure that we at the 'temp have a lot to say about this statement. Let us know your opinions below!

:arrow: Source: Bloomberg.com

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't want another Wii U. I want something NEW. But for now, nintendo has been very very quiet about the NX..

D

Deleted User

Says the guy who created an awesome 3D homebrew game for the Wii U using Unity, some scissors and a paperclip
Even that never had enough power to run my game at a decent frame-rate, to be honest! :P
I just hope, deep down in the most joyful part of my heart, that Unity for NX will be a lot better than Unity for Wii U! ;)
And for that to happen (which I somehow doubt...) I would appreciate it if Nintendo at least gives the NX hardware the moderate boost of speed and reliability that it deserves! :)

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First party content can only carry you so far, as the Wii U proved. All Nintendo has to do is to make a console on par with the current competitors, so that third party companies can release games across the big 3 platforms easily. From there on out, Nintendo just has to focus on fixing it's online functions/friend system/etc and they would be golden. Ridiculous.

Exactly. Of course it's always about the games, but many game developers will not want to make games for a console that might restrict their ability to create due to lower specs.
So lower specs will lock out some devs from developing for the console when they might have done so otherwise.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright enough is enough we need to have some one remove Nintendo from the public eye...for good. If all this company cares about is the game content and the user than they need to go out of business yesterday.

Edite: Microsoft and Sony care about profit, hardware, users, and game content among other things.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good specs doesn't mean it'll be friendly for third party developers. There's plenty of articles out there with information from third party devs that point out there's plenty of other problems that make it hard to develop for Nintendo consoles. They need to make it easy to develop for and have good support for third party devs. It shouldn't take them a week to respond to a dev's question or give out incomplete development tools.

As for a consumer like me who primarily plays on PC, I don't really care about the specs as no console will compare to my PC. If they want my attention, then they need to put out plenty of games I want to play and make the system so cheap I wouldn't mind throwing in that much money to play them. As long as the game plays well and smoothly with a decent look, then I'll be happy. Bayonetta 2 is still one of my favorite recent games.

EDIT: Though, I'd be even happier if they just developed their games for PC as well.

Last edited by TecXero,

PedroPVJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What Reggie is trying to say is that they are ****ing it up again
Impossible. Nothing could possibly be that much U.
But it could have further improvements to overall system stability

Games are all that matters.

Yep! That's why I want top 3rd party games in my Nintendo game console

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Good specs doesn't mean it'll be friendly for third party developers. There's plenty of articles out there with information from third party devs that point out there's plenty of other problems that make it hard to develop for Nintendo consoles. They need to make it easy to develop for and have good support for third party devs. It shouldn't take them a week to respond to a dev's question or give out incomplete development tools.

And I have read some of of those article, which makes me think if Nintendo does not change from the inside or at all than they need to "get the fuck off the road" so to speak.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of E3 yes.
I was talking about the current consoles

And where has it been confirmed Nintendo wont compete with the other consoles in terms with power.
reggie only stated that performance is not first priority, they could probably surprise us and might have the system almost as powerful as the other systems.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I was talking about the current consoles

And where has it been confirmed Nintendo wont compete with the other consoles in terms with power.
reggie only stated that performance is not first priority, they could probably surprise us and might have the system almost as powerful as the other systems.

You are correct about the NX, it could very well be a surprise for everyone.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sorry, my friend. I've indeed manipulated what you said in order to give more emphasis to our point
Alright, I think I didn't really understand your sentence, sorry about that.

Anyway, I wish Nintendo was like Sony and Microsoft when it comes to marketing. "The Xbox One will be as powerful as high-end PCs", when obviously that statement is and will be false. But if Nintendo said that, even when the actual console is under-powered, it would sell a lot better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it