Reggie Fils-Aimé on NX "For us it's not about the specs"

When Reggie, the president of Nintendo of America, was asked yesterday about how he felt the NX stacks up against the new Xbox and Playstation consoles, he responded in an expected (but still disappointing) way.

Reggie said:
"You know for us, it’s not about specs, it’s not about teraflops, it’s not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us it’s about content. Nintendo is a content focused company. We create entertainment that makes people smile so for us, we’re focused on bringing our best entertainment to the Wii U as well as the NX in the future.

For us whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that’s for them to fight out in that red ocean. For us, we want to make sure we're bringing our best content forward and right now the reaction to Zelda has been more than we could have ever imagined."

I'm sure that we at the 'temp have a lot to say about this statement. Let us know your opinions below!

:arrow: Source: Bloomberg.com

K

KingpinSlim

All of what he has to say is only valid and true if games are actually made for the platform.
If the "experience" he promises is lackluster than it has neither great hardware, nor great games and thats a recipe for disaster.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said in another thread, that doesn't necessarily indicate anything. All this means is that Nintendo is not focusing on putting tech specs first, it's focusing on putting games first. This does not, however, mean that they will put out a console with sub-par specifications

Last edited by TotalInsanity4, , Reason: Accidentally put in a contradictory sentence
D

Deleted User

Well it's kinda reassuring that Nintendo like to base their consoles around the content that arrives/will arrive onto it and such; that's understandable, but what about the developers and companies who desire to find/use a really powerful console to create even greater content? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For me, I feel there are both some clear, logical aspects, but also some illogical aspects...
But hey! It's mostly Nintendo's decision at the end of the day; what can I do...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's kinda reassuring that Nintendo like to base their consoles around the content that arrives/will arrive onto it and such; that's understandable, but what about the developers and companies who desire to find/use a really powerful console to create even greater content? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For me, I feel there are both some clear, logical aspects, but also some illogical aspects...
But hey! It's mostly Nintendo's decision at the end of the day; what can I do...
Says the guy who created an awesome 3D homebrew game for the Wii U using Unity, some scissors and a paperclip

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's betting the barn on solely Zelda and forgetting the entire "third party" effect creating unpowered hardware does. It's a stupid move as Nintendo should at least match the specs of the other consoles otherwise the NX is going to flop just like the WiiU did. Dumb, dumb dumb.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
First party content can only carry you so far, as the Wii U proved. All Nintendo has to do is to make a console on par with the current competitors, so that third party companies can release games across the big 3 platforms easily. From there on out, Nintendo just has to focus on fixing it's online functions/friend system/etc and they would be golden. Ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs