OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if in the future this will open a possibility of save editing and maybe even getting a game to boot to sd cards instead of a flash card. Probably too early to tell, but I'm just going to put it out there to make sure.

Edit: I was just informed this has hit 1000 views. Looks like I was right about everything.

Last edited by rockraven500,

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The backup saves are encrypted and are the same as normal 3DS saves, so no. It's just as if you copied your save to your computer (no difference in protection).
Nintendo just made it automatic in case saves get corrupted or whatnot and the user didn't back the save up then the user won't lose their data.

rockraven500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So with backup saves could I effectively have multiple save games by switching out and restoring saves, or even give saves to a friend? (Say in the case he started animal crossing on my download copy and bought his own later)

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
So with backup saves could I effectively have multiple save games by switching out and restoring saves, or even give saves to a friend? (Say in the case he started animal crossing on my download copy and bought his own later)
Impossible
All saves are "locked" to their respective system. In other words, your saves will only work on your 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb