Hacking Question Regarding modding a 4.0.1 switch

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more maybe stupid question, would it be better to just keep on the 4.1 firmware and just use a warm boot?
I m guessing not a lot of games require 6 or 7 for now?or am i wrong?
The 4.x warmboot exploit chain isn’t public yet, you can do whatever you want though :P

Most games released after mid 2018 require 5 or 6, I don’t think there’s any games that require 7 yet

Reactions: RaduT

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One more maybe stupid question, would it be better to just keep on the 4.1 firmware and just use a warm boot?
I m guessing not a lot of games require 6 or 7 for now?or am i wrong?

You could just make a Nand backup of you current fw 4.1.0.
Then update without bruning fuses.

And later when Deja vu is released you can just restore your nand and install the warmboot hack.
That's atleast how I am doing it :wacko:

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yea

Using exfat isn’t recommend for CFW stuff due to it causing corruption when using homebrew apps (ex. Retroarch will cause almost instant corruption). It usually doesn’t cause issues with retail games though
Come on. I have been using retroarch arch sice the official release and no corruption yet (and using exfat since the beginning and almost never leaving homebrew properly)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on. I have been using retroarch arch sice the official release and no corruption yet (and using exfat since the beginning and almost never leaving homebrew properly)
I’ve been using Retroarch on Switch ever since it was still called RetroNX, when I use to have exfat I had corruption issues multiple times per week until I switch to fat32
(Many others have also had a similar experience with exfat)

73173v2

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you!!! I just got a my second nintendo switch for my son (and me). I will dump the sysnand from 4.0.1, then upgrade and use atmosphere since my first switch is already using atmosphere and working like a sharm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Pink iMac G3 style case running Windows 98. :)