regarding Jailbreak and PSN...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ShinraArmy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ShinraArmy
    OP

ShinraArmy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2008
    United States
    Hello guys.

I currently have my PS3 on 3.41, still haven't done anything to it, and while I miss PSN, I'm patiently waiting for a CFW or any solution to the offline restriction.

basically, not knowing much about how PSN works, I'm wondering how much of a probability there is that a homebrew-enabled PS3 will be able to keep playing original games online without problems.

2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    While some may search for other workarounds or methods to get back on PSN, I would not count on a solution coming up anytime soon and anything that does come up I would not expect to go unaddressed for very long. We're still in the early days here and I doubt it would take long for Sony to block any new methods that may come up.

If you value online you may want to consider investing in a second console for playing online.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    There's the USB firmware loader to temporarily move to a higher one and play originals, but nobody's got a dump of the latest that can go online still.

4. ShinraArmy
    OP

ShinraArmy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2008
    United States
    I guess I'll update and cross my fingers that, if there's PSN-Enabled CFW in the future, it'll be available to people on current OFW.

thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice