regarding Jailbreak and PSN...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ShinraArmy, Oct 11, 2010.

Oct 11, 2010
  1. ShinraArmy
    OP

Member ShinraArmy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello guys.

I currently have my PS3 on 3.41, still haven't done anything to it, and while I miss PSN, I'm patiently waiting for a CFW or any solution to the offline restriction.

basically, not knowing much about how PSN works, I'm wondering how much of a probability there is that a homebrew-enabled PS3 will be able to keep playing original games online without problems.

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    While some may search for other workarounds or methods to get back on PSN, I would not count on a solution coming up anytime soon and anything that does come up I would not expect to go unaddressed for very long. We're still in the early days here and I doubt it would take long for Sony to block any new methods that may come up.

If you value online you may want to consider investing in a second console for playing online.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There's the USB firmware loader to temporarily move to a higher one and play originals, but nobody's got a dump of the latest that can go online still.

4. ShinraArmy
    OP

Member ShinraArmy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I guess I'll update and cross my fingers that, if there's PSN-Enabled CFW in the future, it'll be available to people on current OFW.

thanks.