Regarding certain game files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NakedAngel, Dec 13, 2010.

Dec 13, 2010
  1. NakedAngel
    OP

Newcomer NakedAngel Newbie

Canada
    Recently downloaded Wii Play to add onto my harddrive.
    NTSC and was 4g+, after trying to convert and add it to my HD, it became 0.11g only.

Just wondering what's the reason for this? The actual game is only 0.11g big? But the download size is huge~~~

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    0.11 is the size of the game data. The rest is just unused space and update partition. The manager you are using to transfer the game scrubs all the extra data out. All wii game .iso's are 4.37GB.

Now stop downloading and buy the game.

3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    What riley said.

You could almost imagine it along the lines of having a stack of 50 thousand pages of paper, each one saying "The cake is a lie" one time. Rather than, for the sake of book keeping, carry around all 50 thousand pages, you just carry around one page that says ""The cake is a lie" (x50,000)". Same thing, but 1/50,000 the size.

Granted it is more complicated than that, but thats a way to look at it.

Same thing With WarioWare: DIY for the DS. Rom is 128 mb, but the game data, when trimmed, is 16mb.

Now NOT THAT I AM CONDONING DOWNLOADING GAMES because that is horribly horribly horribly wrong *smirk* but to save yourself the hassle of spending 3 days downloading a game that has 110 mb of data, if you see a "WiiScrubbed" download or something along those lines, it is easier to use that. that way youre ONLY downloading that 110mb rather than the 4.37 gigs (however, when you extract the iso, itll still take up 4.37 gigs - effectively that paper scenario I said earlier)