Hacking Regarding Bypass AntiPiracy

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It seems the AntiPiracy on my Acekard 2i is not working as it should? Okay, I was curious about the Chrono Trigger AP issue where the portal will freeze or something so I tried to see if I'm able to trigger off the AP in this game, I disabled "Bypass AntiPiracy" feature on both the ROM itself and the System Options of the AKAIO but when I played CT on the DS it plays fine all the way.

I'm running AKAIO 1.8.9 w/ the latest loader (dated January 24th 2012; the one that was fixed for Samurai Rangers). I'm only curious is all. Does the new loader or AKAIO actually made all games auto-bypass AP or something?

EDIT: I also made sure that I am running the clean ROM and not those patched or fixed etc.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
many roms are fixed with loader updates. the ap option is for a form of generic ap that nintendo no longer uses.

right now its more of a debugging tool from within akaio. if your rom works without, then don't tick it on. if your rom has issues, try ticking it on. if it's on and you have issues, tick it off. if your rom continues to fail then it may require a per-rom fix via a loader update.

if you really want to specifics of what its doing i recommend you drop by #acekard on the gbatemp irc network and talk with normmatt.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
That option isn't about AP in general, it's for a specific issue that came later than that game.
I see. I was actually viewing this video about MJ Experience and saw how this person was utilizing the AP option in Ackeard:​

I tried the MJ game and whether I've the AP option Enabled or Disabled the game still works so I was wondering if my AP option feature is "broken" or not functioning, but it's not a biggie. Just curious is all >.< haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night