Regarding a ROMFS file dumped by braindump

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by br3compactor, Oct 28, 2015.

1. br3compactor
    OP

br3compactor GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Is there any sort of data related to my specific cartridge in it? Would I be able to use a modified .romfs created with my dump on a different 3DS, with another of the same cartridge?

For example, if I were to dump my ROMFS from Pokémon Y, use PK3DS to modify it, rebuild the file as a .romfs for use with hans, then use the file on my brother's 3DS with his own copy of Pokémon Y, would he be able to run my rom hack?

2. Phanton

Phanton GBAtemp's Nui lover

Sep 9, 2015
    Argentina
    This is only an assumption but as long it is the same region it should be good. Wait for some confirmation on this though.

3. BlueOnClues

BlueOnClues GBAtemp's Burgerpants

Banned
    Sep 15, 2015
    MIG Restaurant
    i would suggest to randomize in a romhack like pokemon neo y that what i did and it works perfectly ( no joke )

4. dtwpurple

dtwpurple Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Vegas
    AFAIK you can use the same romfs.bin if they're the same region. Ive tested some games this way with the VC.

5. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 The Pokémon guy

Aug 26, 2009
    Lumiose City
    I've used the romfs from another region (for Pokémon), absolutely no issue. But maybe other games do have differences between regions.

6. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
    because all regions pokemon has same game title id

7. FM360

FM360 Kappa

Mar 8, 2015
    Afghanistan
    North Korea
    Not in Japan