Regarding 3DS + Acekard 2i

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by defunct32, Mar 3, 2013.

Mar 3, 2013

Regarding 3DS + Acekard 2i by defunct32 at 5:30 AM (1,322 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. defunct32
    OP

Member defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    It's been a long time since I last logged in but I've a question, if I bought a US 3DS will my Acekard 2i work on it? Since the 3DS is region-locked; will a EUR game on the Acekard 2i play on a US 3DS if the 3DS does support the Acekard 2i, or is there a new card available now exclusively for the 3DS. Sorry, I've been out of the loop.

P/S: My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section.

2. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    1) Depends on your 3DS firmware and how updated your Acekard 2i is. If your 3DS is on 4.4.0 and above (current one is 4.5.0) then you can't use it.
    2) Since the DS games on the Acekard are done in DS-mode where there isn't region-locking, it should be fine.
    3) All flashcarts which can run on the 3DS will run on older models. There is no reason to make a cart which works only on the 3DS. In any case, if you meant if there is one to play 3DS games, the answer is still no.

3. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Acekard 2i can work on the 3DS if it's on software version 4.3 or lower, and it will almost certainly never be able to work on anything higher, so the Acekard 2i is not a practical flashcart for the 3DS. You're better off getting something like the DSTWO or R4i Gold 3DS. Regardless of the flashcart you use, the region of the DS backups makes no difference; you'll be able to play them.

Currently, nothing plays 3DS backups. If you want to play a 3DS game, you have to use a retail cartridge, and those are region-locked.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  5. ernest
    This message by ernest has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Mar 4, 2013