Hacking Reformat SD-Card

Pesci1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll buy myself a Flash card for my 3DS.

What I wonder is how you can format the SD card and then be able to enter the kernel on it to make it work? For everywhere I've read, you should not update your 3DS before you updated your Flash card, otherwise it will not work. If you format the SD card, how can it work on the 3DS if you have the latest version updated on your 3DS. This may be a silly question (sorry in that case) but I'm new to this kind of stuff.

Grateful for answers.

Pesci1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Couple things.
1. What kind of R4 are you using?
2. What version is your 3ds
3. What class is your micro SD?

1.R4-SDHC 3DS
2. Latest version (getting a preflashed card)
3 SanDisk 2 GB SD-card

Hope that info helps, ty for fast answer :)

Pesci1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The updates for DSi/3DS compatibility are not kept on the SD permanently.

You put the update on the SD and run it, then the update gets stored on the flash cart itself, not the SD.

Ohh, i see so after i have updated it once the card will allways have the update? Plus i dont know if anyone of you got any info but i have read that when you got the instalation done, you can update the firmware through wifi? That would be awesome, my question then is why dont they have the things installed before selling them? It would make it so much easier for the public. But maybe that is not possible.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would then check the post above you, Rydian is the best person to help you.
But to throw my two cents in, heres a step by step for what you should do.
1. Go to the website listed on the box of the card you received.
2. Download the latest kernel.
3. Unzip the folder of the kernel using An unzip utility such as Winrar or the unarchiver.
4. Move the contents onto the root of your sd card (meaning, just move the files onto the sd card without placing them in any kind of folder.)
5. You may need a DS, DSI to update the card. You will place the card in the system, go to the 3rd section on the right that says upgrade, and see if your card is able to update.
6. Once updated, the card should work on your 3ds. If the card is already updated, your good to go my friend.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, i see so after i have updated it once the card will allways have the update?
Yes.

Plus i dont know if anyone of you got any info but i have read that when you got the instalation done, you can update the firmware through wifi? That would be awesome,
Not as far as I know...

my question then is why dont they have the things installed before selling them? It would make it so much easier for the public. But maybe that is not possible.
Because time travel isn't possible yet.

There's not just one update. Nintendo has updated the DSi/3DS to block flash carts multiple times now, and will continue to do so as far as we can see. This means that while a DSTwo might come from the factory able to bypass DSi software 1.4.3, Nintendo later release 1.4.4, and there's no way the DSTwo could have come from the factory with an update that did not yet exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...