Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Website any Wii user need to know 1.1

Hi ! I try to reference as much site as possible about wii and wii hacking, to draw a map of active and inactive communities and available resources . Can you help me find more ? :) I plan a similar thread for 3ds, and eventually more console if I have time (and success on this thread). Feel free to tell me about non-english sites too.

General Resources (not focus on wii only)

General Video Game forum
  • [GBATEMP] Video games forums, with a focus on consoles and consoles hack. Against Piracy
  • [Jeuxvideo.com] Famous french forum about video games.
Games related Wiki
Other multi-console resources (somewhat related to wii)
  • [Wiimms personal site] (GE) Wiimms site about wii and 3ds game modding.
  • [WiiDatabase] (GE) Nintendo console modding.Mainly wii.
  • [Wii-Info] (FR) Console/smartphone hacking. Mainly wii. Still active but a lot of out of date tutorial in the tutorial section, like this one
  • [Wii SceneBeta] (ES) Console/smartphone hacking. Still active. Their soft wii hacking tutorial seem more or less up to date (did'nt read all of it) but it is VERY verbose. They may have interesting tutorial, in particular old tutorial about hardmod wii hacking with special chip which I had never saw before... Wii hard-hacking is totaly out of date in 2019 btw.
Wii-centric resources
Hacks Guide

Reddit
  • [Wii] General purpose subreddit. Homebrew tolerate. Against piracy
  • [WiiHacks] About Hacks and modding. Against piracy.
Computer tools
  • [Wiimm's iso tools (wit)] Very complete advance CLI tools for manipulating wii iso and wbfs under Linux Mac and Windows. For graphical user interfaces, see the section about GUI on main page.
  • [Wii backup manager] Popular wbfs manager for Windows, the link seem to be the official site but I can not access it. It may be incompatible with some web browser.
Custom Servers and internet Services
  • [Wiimmfi] Wi-Fi connection replacement for wii and ds online service. (see wii.guide)
  • [RiiConnect24] WiiConnect24 replacement (online service for nintendo channel and wii mail). Work over Wiimmfi. (see wii.guide)
Operating System
  • [GC Linux] Porting the Linux kernel to the wii, which enable portage of PowerPC linux distribution
Homebrew
  • [WiiBrew Wiki] Wiki about wii homebrew and retro engineering. Their anti-piracy policy is too strong. It lead them not talking about usb loaders, and dumping utility (which are legal).
  • [Complete Softmod Guide] See hacks guide section ;)
  • [Homebrew channel] Official site for the wii homebrew channel. Not to be confuse with Homebrew Launcher for the 3ds. Does anyone know how they are related ? Does anyone succeed to connect to their IRC on EFnet ?
  • [HackMii] Blog about wii retro engineering. No news since the hbc opensource release the 22/11/2016.
  • [WiiFlow wiki] The wiki about WiiFlow and WiiFlowLite, two USB loaders.
Custom rom
Mariokart
  • [Custom MarioKart WiiKi] Wiki referencing anything about customizing mariokart, and custom mariokart iso.
  • [Wimm ct archive] Archives for custom tracks and track list for various MK modded distribution. Make sure to take a look at the Wiimm Mariokart Fun distribution here and on the wiki ;)
  • [CTGP-R] Another popular and more competition oriented custom mariokart. WBFS can not be build. Against piracy (can not be launch without DVD).
SuperSmash
  • [ProjectM] As you can see, ProjectM is dead. See the entries below !
  • [Smash Bros Legacy] Born from the ashes of projectM. Propose 3 very popular custom version of smash : "LegacyTE" "LegacyXP" and "LegacyXP ligth". Still active project wit a very active Discord. WBFS can not be build. Can be launch without DVD via their own dedicated usb loader.
  • [Project+] Another continuation of project M. IDK if it is still active or not.
Piracy...
... is not allow on GBAtemp ;) (You might possibly find a complete version of this list somewhere on the internet if I upload my darkest references somewhere)
Please do not link to any copyrighted content on the comment. Respect GBAtemp rules

Last edited by Aeredren,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Website any Wii user need to know 1.0

Hi ! I try to reference as much site as possible about wii and wii hacking, to draw a map of active and inactive communities and available resources . Can you help me find more ? :) I plan a similar thread for 3ds, and eventually more console if I have time (and success on this thread). Feel free to tell me about non-english sites too.

General Resources (not focus on wii only)

General Video Game forum
  • [GBATEMP] Video games forums, with a focus on consoles and consoles hack. Against Piracy
  • [Jeuxvideo.com] Famous french forum about video games.
Games related Wiki
Other multi-console resources (somewhat related to wii)
Wii-centric resources
Hacks Guide

• [Wii Guide] Best Hacks Guide for Wii. Same interface as Plailect guides but maint2ain by riiconnect. Are they somewhat related ?
Reddit
  • [Wii] General purpose subreddit. Homebrew tolerate. Against piracy
  • [WiiHacks] About Hacks and modding. Against piracy.
Computer tools
  • [Wiimm's iso tools (wit)] Very complete advance CLI tools for manipulating wii iso and wbfs under Linux Mac and Windows. For graphical user interfaces, see the section about GUI on main page.
  • [WBFS manager] Popular wbfs manager for Windows, I can find a lot of suspicious download sites but no official ones. wiibackupmanager.co.uk seem dead. Was it the official site ?
  • [kwiirk wbfs] Source for kwiirk's wbfs manager. Seemingly dead since 2009. Is this the same as the one above ? Use Wiimms iso tools instead.
Custom Servers and internet Services
  • [Wiimmfi] Wi-Fi connection replacement for wii and ds online service. (see wii.guide)
  • [RiiConnect24] WiiConnect24 replacement (online service for nintendo channel and wii mail). Work over Wiimmfi. (see wii.guide)
Homebrew
  • [WiiBrew Wiki] Wiki about wii homebrew and retro engineering. Their anti-piracy policy is too strong. It lead them not talking about usb loaders, and dumping utility (which are legal).
  • [Homebrew channel] Official site for the wii homebrew channel. Not to be confuse with Homebrew Launcher for the 3ds. Does anyone know how they are related ? Does anyone succeed to connect to their IRC on EFnet ?
  • [HackMii] Blog about wii retro engineering. No news since the hbc opensource release the 22/11/2016.
Custom rom
Mariokart
  • [Custom MarioKart WiiKi] Wiki recensing anything about customizing mariokart, and custom mariokart iso.
  • [Wiimm Mariokart Fun] Very good and active MarioKart mod from Wiimm, the creator of Wiimmfi. WBFS can be build !
  • [CTGP-R] Another popular and more competition oriented custom mariokart. WBFS can not be build. Against piracy (can not be launch without DVD).
SuperSmash
  • [ProjectM] As you can see, ProjectM is dead. See the entries below !
  • [Smash Bros Legacy] Born from the ashes of projectM. Propose 3 very popular custom version of smash : "LegacyTE" "LegacyXP" and "LegacyXP ligth". Still active project wit a very active Discord. WBFS can not be build. Can be launch without DVD via their own dedicated usb loader.
  • [Project+] Another continuation of project M. IDK if it is still active or not.
Piracy...
... is not allow on GBAtemp ;) (You might possibly find a complete version of this list somewhere on the internet if I upload my darkest references somewhere)
Please do not link to any copyrighted content on the comment. Respect GBAtemp rules

Thank you for your work.:)
A very Good and useful List.:yay:

Maybe it is a good Idea to change

[WBFS manager] Popular wbfs manager for Windows, I can find a lot of suspicious download sites but no official ones. wiibackupmanager.co.uk seem dead. Was it the official site ?

to

WiiBackupManager (the one and only.:D)

http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

The WBFS Manager has s serious Bug:

At the beginning of 2010 many and sometimes serious mistakes were found in the LIBWBFS. Since these errors were also inherited to the WBFS Manager 3.0, one can only advise against the use of the program.

Thank you.:)

Aeredren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your work.:)
A very Good and useful List.:yay:

Maybe it is a good Idea to change

[WBFS manager] Popular wbfs manager for Windows, I can find a lot of suspicious download sites but no official ones. wiibackupmanager.co.uk seem dead. Was it the official site ?

to

WiiBackupManager (the one and only.:D)

http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

The WBFS Manager has s serious Bug:

At the beginning of 2010 many and sometimes serious mistakes were found in the LIBWBFS. Since these errors were also inherited to the WBFS Manager 3.0, one can only advise against the use of the program.

Thx :) I will edit the post when I get more links submission, to avoid constantly re-editting it
So my guess was right :
  1. the WBFS manager is the kwiirks WBFS, dead in 2009, which rely on Libwbfs, and should not be used
  2. The official website for the other one (wii backup manager) is wiibackupmanager.co.uk. Can you confirm that the site is down ? I have a HostPresto! error when I access it.
If the official site for wii backup manager is down I can only advocate for the use of Wiimms's WIT which is well documented and open source. (And multi platform ;) )

Last edited by Aeredren,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thx :) I will edit the post when I get more links submission, to avoid constantly re-editting it
So my guess was right :
  1. the WBFS manager is the kwiirks WBFS, dead in 2009, which rely on Libwbfs, and should not be used
  2. The official website for the other one (wii backup manager) is wiibackupmanager.co.uk. Can you confirm that the site is down ? I have a HostPresto! error when I access it.
If the official site for wii backup manager I can only advocate for the use of Wiimms's WIT which is well documented and open source. (And multi platform ;) )

I already read about some People can not access the Site or the Download is not working.
The Site is still up and the Download works.I do not know where the "Issue" is for many Users,I am sorry.:(

Here is an Uploaded Link:
http://uploaded.net/file/7an4a079

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Aeredren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
I's weird, I thank the problem was french Internet Service Provider blocking the site for whatever reason and I was going to use a vpn to find out but you are french too so it's not the case. I'm accessing it through the last firefox version. What is your web browser ?

Btw you should'nt link to download link directly but to official site main page so everyone can see it's an official link. And you should not download software from non-official source (unless the software is sign with an official pgp key from the dev, of course) It's a matter of security

Last edited by Aeredren,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I's weird, I thank the problem was french Internet Service Provider blocking the site for whatever reason and I was going to use a vpn to find out but you are french too so it's not the case. I'm accessing it through the last firefox version. What is your web browser ?

Btw you should'nt link to download link directly but to official site main page so everyone can see it's an official link. And you should not download software from non-official source (unless the software is sign with an official pgp key from the dev, of course) It's a matter of security
Chrome, and when I can not it is with Mozilla Firefox

The French speak to the French (General de Gaulle's saying) :rofl2::rofl2::D

Edit:

I have rectified my previous page, excuse me

Last edited by jeannotte,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

It is an official Site,from the greatest German Wii/WiiU/DS(i)/3DS/Switch Site.:D
https://wiidatabase.de/

https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/pc-tools/wii-backup-manager/
(above the the "Direct Download Link" please)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu