[REF] Current Jailbreak Bugs

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by $uPeRJjS&#0, Oct 25, 2010.

Oct 25, 2010
  1. $uPeRJjS&#0
    OP

Member $uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey guys, I'm a really bored person so i just decided to make this thread for people struggling to chose what jailbreak they should use.

This doesn't stop you from jailbreaking, it just lists out the problems it might have. Not everyone get these bugs.

Pwnage Tool

Device:
    Bugs:

Star (Jailbreak me)
    Device:
    Bugs:

These Jailbreak has been tested on iPod Touch 2G MB. I also have confirmation from friends that they have these side effects as well.
    This thread should be read by the developers to improve their future softwares.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT MY INFORMATION OR ADD ANYTHING ELSE. I'M ALSO LETTING PEOPLE ADD BUGS FROM OTHER DEVICES IN MY LIST. PLEASE HELP ME. [​IMG]

2. 0ddity

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    So, I just got an ipod touch 4G, if I wanted to JB it looks like I'd need to use Limera1n. Before I do anything though, I had questions about doing it, like what's the point, what's Cydia, and does it void the warranty?

3. Joktan

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    limera1n has a bug where it takes forever to open up cydia.ipod touch 3rd gen.
    and cydia is the reason you are jailbreaking.to install it.its like the app store but with stuff apple didnt want on there store.and apps that let you tweak certain stuff.

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    It technically invalidates your warranty BUT if you restore the iPod as a new device (i.e. removing all your previous settings, etc.) from it rather than restoring from backup (which leaves some bits and pieces lying about that are accidently backed up by iTunes) the Apple Store can't tell the difference.

5. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Greenpois0n and Limera1n are pretty much the same thing.
    They both use geohots exploit.

Redsn0w has an issue on all devices it can jailbreak where it hangs on "Waiting for reboot"

6. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    On star random lines appear when booting (all devices)
    Also spirit and star are separate

7. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I haven't had any of the bugs that you mentioned. It might be like that just for you, so you posting this might stop someone from using a good method. You should probably add that. The only bugs I've seen is the one in redsn0w and the one in star that iFish and alidsl mentioned . Also, jailbreak developers probably don't want these side effects either, and they are probably well aware, so anyone who use their software should be happy with the fact that they have a jailbreak, since making it is hard enough.

8. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That's not a bug; it's part of the jailbreak. [​IMG]

If you jailbreak an iPod touch 2G (MB model, at least) with redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and install Mobile Substrate, the iPod will not play audio through the dock connector. (iPod speakers, FM transmitters, et. al. won't output your music.)

If you jailbreak with greenpois0n, you won't get this problem. If you uninstall Mobile Substrate, the issue goes away. This issue may plague other devices too, but I have no means of verifying this.

This is probably the "music.app can't detect ipod/iphone dock." bug mentioned above... just adding more details. [​IMG]

9. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    It is kinda... I would add it anyway

also:
    Limera1n can break facetime

10. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I'm getting an iPod Touch 4G this weekend and I was thinking of jailbreaking it with PwnageTool, is that a good idea or should I go with another exploit?

11. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That sounds fine. [​IMG]

Personally, I'd use greenpois0n or limera1n instead. (PwnageTool doesn't offer much customization for newer devices, and greenpois0n and limera1n are more lightweight.)

12. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thanks! I'm going to go with greenpois0n as its more of my kind of taste. It offers the countdown for DFU mode which I've never performed so it'll be helpful to me.

13. $uPeRJjS&#0
    OP

Australia
    Thanks guys, I'll add the things you mentioned. [​IMG]

also: alidsl haha soz i got mixed with jailbreak me and spirit.

14. Madridi

Member Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    I'm still on FW 3.1.3 and I haven't really been keeping up.

So if I update to FW 4.1 on my 3GS, and JB with Pwnage tool, there are no bugs reported so far?

15. $uPeRJjS&#0
    OP

Australia
    We are still working on it, as soon as a user helps us. [​IMG]

16. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    - iPod 2G 8Gig MC

i'm on iOS 4.2 GM now [​IMG]

iOS4.1 SlowDowns, Touchscreen takes sometimes 20 seconds to react, once it reacts it works fine till it goes in sleep mode, then next wakeup i need to wait another 10 to 20 seconds before the screen reacts
    iOS4.1 no jailbreak randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
    iOS4.1 Jailbreak with limera1n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
    iOS4.1 Jailbreak with Greenpois0n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)

iOS4.2GM
    Every app till now runs fine, no crashes or reboots so far
    Runs very smooth, no slowdowns, Touch screen reacts fine when comming out of sleep mode.

17. $uPeRJjS&#0
    OP

Australia

Thanks your an excellent help [​IMG] I also get the same as you! I'll put it on tomorrow i got to sleep! [​IMG]