Apple [REF] Current Jailbreak Bugs

$uPeRJjS&#0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm a really bored person so i just decided to make this thread for people struggling to chose what jailbreak they should use.

This doesn't stop you from jailbreaking, it just lists out the problems it might have. Not everyone get these bugs.

QUOTE said:
Sn0wbreeze
Difficult Jailbreak, took me 4 times.

Device: iPod Touch 2nd Gen MB
Bugs:
Freezes on cydia
Crashes on Cydia
QUOTE said:
Redsnow 0.9.6
One of the best Jailbreaks i like but its a shame theres a major bug.

Bugs:
Won't launch music.app
Crashes on music.app
Freezes on music.app
music.app can't detect ipod/iphone dock.
Fix:
Remove Mobile Substrate from Cydia.

Device: All iPod/iPhone
Bugs:
Hangs on "waiting for reboot".

QUOTE said:
Greenpois0n
an OK jailbreak. but has a major bug.

Bug:
Randomly restarts when you open an app.

Limera1n
Sweet jailbreak.

Device: iPod Touch 4th Gen
Bugs: Can Possibly "brake" facetime
Fix: N/A

Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
Bugs: Takes forever to open Cydia
Fix: N/A

Pwnage Tool

Device:
Bugs:

Star (Jailbreak me)
Device:
Bugs:

These Jailbreak has been tested on iPod Touch 2G MB. I also have confirmation from friends that they have these side effects as well.
This thread should be read by the developers to improve their future softwares.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT MY INFORMATION OR ADD ANYTHING ELSE. I'M ALSO LETTING PEOPLE ADD BUGS FROM OTHER DEVICES IN MY LIST. PLEASE HELP ME.
smile.gif

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, I just got an ipod touch 4G, if I wanted to JB it looks like I'd need to use Limera1n. Before I do anything though, I had questions about doing it, like what's the point, what's Cydia, and does it void the warranty?

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
limera1n has a bug where it takes forever to open up cydia.ipod touch 3rd gen.
and cydia is the reason you are jailbreaking.to install it.its like the app store but with stuff apple didnt want on there store.and apps that let you tweak certain stuff.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
It technically invalidates your warranty BUT if you restore the iPod as a new device (i.e. removing all your previous settings, etc.) from it rather than restoring from backup (which leaves some bits and pieces lying about that are accidently backed up by iTunes) the Apple Store can't tell the difference.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greenpois0n and Limera1n are pretty much the same thing.
They both use geohots exploit.

Redsn0w has an issue on all devices it can jailbreak where it hangs on "Waiting for reboot"

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't had any of the bugs that you mentioned. It might be like that just for you, so you posting this might stop someone from using a good method. You should probably add that. The only bugs I've seen is the one in redsn0w and the one in star that iFish and alidsl mentioned . Also, jailbreak developers probably don't want these side effects either, and they are probably well aware, so anyone who use their software should be happy with the fact that they have a jailbreak, since making it is hard enough.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
On star random lines appear when booting (all devices)
That's not a bug; it's part of the jailbreak.
wink2.gif

If you jailbreak an iPod touch 2G (MB model, at least) with redsn0w 0.9.6b1 and install Mobile Substrate, the iPod will not play audio through the dock connector. (iPod speakers, FM transmitters, et. al. won't output your music.)

If you jailbreak with greenpois0n, you won't get this problem. If you uninstall Mobile Substrate, the issue goes away. This issue may plague other devices too, but I have no means of verifying this.

This is probably the "music.app can't detect ipod/iphone dock." bug mentioned above... just adding more details.
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
I'm getting an iPod Touch 4G this weekend and I was thinking of jailbreaking it with PwnageTool, is that a good idea or should I go with another exploit?
That sounds fine.
smile.gif

Personally, I'd use greenpois0n or limera1n instead. (PwnageTool doesn't offer much customization for newer devices, and greenpois0n and limera1n are more lightweight.)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Hakoda said:
I'm getting an iPod Touch 4G this weekend and I was thinking of jailbreaking it with PwnageTool, is that a good idea or should I go with another exploit?
That sounds fine.
smile.gif

Personally, I'd use greenpois0n or limera1n instead. (PwnageTool doesn't offer much customization for newer devices, and greenpois0n and limera1n are more lightweight.)
Thanks! I'm going to go with greenpois0n as its more of my kind of taste. It offers the countdown for DFU mode which I've never performed so it'll be helpful to me.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm still on FW 3.1.3 and I haven't really been keeping up.

So if I update to FW 4.1 on my 3GS, and JB with Pwnage tool, there are no bugs reported so far?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
- iPod 2G 8Gig MC

i'm on iOS 4.2 GM now
tongue.gif

iOS4.1 SlowDowns, Touchscreen takes sometimes 20 seconds to react, once it reacts it works fine till it goes in sleep mode, then next wakeup i need to wait another 10 to 20 seconds before the screen reacts
iOS4.1 no jailbreak randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
iOS4.1 Jailbreak with limera1n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
iOS4.1 Jailbreak with Greenpois0n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)

iOS4.2GM
Every app till now runs fine, no crashes or reboots so far
Runs very smooth, no slowdowns, Touch screen reacts fine when comming out of sleep mode.

$uPeRJjS&#0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
- iPod 2G 8Gig MC

i'm on iOS 4.2 GM now
tongue.gif

iOS4.1 SlowDowns, Touchscreen takes sometimes 20 seconds to react, once it reacts it works fine till it goes in sleep mode, then next wakeup i need to wait another 10 to 20 seconds before the screen reacts
iOS4.1 no jailbreak randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
iOS4.1 Jailbreak with limera1n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)
iOS4.1 Jailbreak with Greenpois0n randomly crashed and rebooted my 3 iPod 2G MC at home (did that 4 a 5 times a day)

iOS4.2GM
Every app till now runs fine, no crashes or reboots so far
Runs very smooth, no slowdowns, Touch screen reacts fine when comming out of sleep mode.

Thanks your an excellent help
biggrin.gif
I also get the same as you! I'll put it on tomorrow i got to sleep!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: