CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK firstly I'm using 'FontFrenzy' to back-up/remove my exessive fonts (I started out with 407 fonts)

I'm now down to 237 fonts but like to try & reduce even more.

The problem .....

If I remove several fonts I then get problems with some of my other programs.
The main culprits are: "PaintShopPro X" and "Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate"

With PSP X - some of the toolbar text go 'missing'
With Pinnacle 12 - When using 'titles' the appearance of them change

What I'd like to know - if possible - are What fonts do each of these program NEED to run properly ?

With Pinnacle I can look at each standard title & see what font is used - so I can keep them, but what about PaintShopPro X ??

EDITED: I've looked through Pinnalce and found it uses the following fonts for it's titles
[title:Pinnacle 12 Ultimate]Arial Black
Candy Round BTN Co
Belwe Bd BT
English157 BT
Freehand512 BT
Freehand575 BT
Galeforce BTN
Grilled Cheese BTN Wi
IMG Extreme
Incised Bd Cn BT
Incised901 Nd BT
Marquisette BTN
Pretext
Puppylike
RealVirtue
Sneakerhead BTN Co
Sneaker Head BTN
Sonic X Bd BT
Space BdBT
Starliner BTN
Swiss921BT
VAGRounded BT

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hatsu said:
Look inside Program Files?
Can you explain what you mean ??
Looking in /Program Files/Corel/Paintshoppro/ does show any 'fonts' & I can't see any text files that say anything like 'You will need xxx fonts for program to work properly'

I guess what I might have to do is delete/move one font at a time & run program(s) to see which finally busts PSPX (I now know the fonts that Pinnacle uses - see edited post above)

Dagatahas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Programs installed into Windows would usually use the fonts found in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. The fonts folders of those programs are likely a repository for fonts useable as an option within the program and not its menus.

If your FontFrenzy program deleted fonts from the Windows font folder then you would get missing anything that would call up those fonts from the Windows font folder. You will also likely get these problems from programs that use .Net framework based GUI systems or similar programing languages.

Best thing to try and do would be to restore the basic Windows fonts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks