redirecting SSB3DS's connection to the smash server ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MsMidnight, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    i wonder if its possible to able to redirect the smash bros server connection to go to another server much like the dead tubehax. this would allow for some Project M type shit to be possible

2. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    I would LOVE for that, but first we need a project M game for it. (possibly a romhack or a modified .cia)

The source code is out there, but someone needs to take the time to put everything together.

Last edited by TimX24968B, Mar 31, 2016
  3. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    i am aware of that, so this would be CFW only, unless SaltySD can read 3ds updates and smash bros (assuming its homebrew)

4. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    well that and, romhacks would also be n3ds only, since the O3ds HANS can't boot into safemode for the required ram for smash (at least last time I tried it). But I would definitely want to see project M come back and hopefully be a part of it's community.

5. Buttsnake

Buttsnake "Mods please close this thread"

Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Inside your SD card
    If we brought back PM, Nintendo will hate us again, plus its completely pointless. Who is gonna play competitively on a damn 3DS, especially a tech heavy game such as PM?

6. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    I never knew they were really "mad" at PM, they just kind of didn't mind them. nintendo didn't really threaten them, they just didn't want legal action taken against them.

Also, I'm pretty sure they would hate the hacking scene more than the modding scene.

Last edited by TimX24968B, Mar 31, 2016
  7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    There's a tool that can do this, but for the life of me I can't remember the name right now. It comes with Kali/BackTrack and is really used for malicious purposes (redirecting DNS requests to locally ran phishing pages for example) but it'd totally work for this. At least as far as redirecting the server request goes. That said, Nintendo probably has an integrity check for server requests, so it probably wouldn't be that sinple.

Edit: The tool is called Ettercap.

Last edited by Joom, Mar 31, 2016
  8. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    well, it depends if they really expected this, whether they would need integrity checks or not. Personally, alot needs to be explored about the game.

9. CloudCocopuffs

CloudCocopuffs 3DS Homebrew Enthusiast

Banned
    Mar 28, 2016
    There is ONE smash hack i know that is being worked on atm, they seem to of figured out custom model importation...
    It's a private WIP, but i'm sure when they have more they'll make a release thread here!

10. ShaneMichael

ShaneMichael Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    everywhere
    Just mod your 3DS with a Gamecube controller and tada.

11. Buttsnake

Buttsnake "Mods please close this thread"

Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Inside your SD card
    But is it competitive though? Or just for fun like minus was?