OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
According to a study recently published in the journal Cyberpsychology & Behavior, the eternal battle of Red vs Blue just got a little more interesting. According to the study, which analyzed matches of Unreal Tournament 2004, the red team is more likely to win than the blue team in online games. In fact, the red team won 55% of the time in the 1347 matches that were studied. We'd like to think it's because the Red team has Sarge leading them to victory, but according to Mihai Moldovan, a neuroscientist who worked on the study, the real reason is "most likely that the color red may act as a psychological distractor for men, possibly because men flush and turn red when they're angry."

When reached for comment, Epic VP Mark Rein stated that red and blue are an entrenched part of the Unreal Tournament series saying, "We don't anticipate any immediate changes to team colors."
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/12/st...n-online-games/

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't the margin of error for this kind of studies around 5%?
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
The scientists studied the outcomes of 1,347 matchups between elite teams playing "Unreal Tournament 2004," a so-called first-person shooter game.

unsure.gif

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, shouldn't they analyze more than one game? Sure, Red > Blue in UT04, but what about TF2? Quake? Doom? Heck, Halo? Any other Shooter out there? I doubt the player base of UT04 makes up the player base of all those other games.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One game, ~1000 entries, stupid explanation (face turns red? Shut up, you're fired)

Counter Strike has obvious one-sided maps if players are of similar skill level. So one side kicking the other side's butt was around, this case it's just Red vs Blue (and I assume identical condition for both sides in UT'04?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.