Red lines on DSi touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LittleBigMods, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010
  1. LittleBigMods
    OP

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys,

I accidentally fell asleep with my DSi running Pokemon SoulSilver. When I woke up, I put it on sleep mode. I just turned it on and to my surprise, there was a long red line just about in the middle of the screen. [​IMG]

The red pixels do change, flashing between red and normal. One more abnormality is that the line appears more prominent when the screen is displaying anything that's moving, especially when there is a 3D object to display.

Nintendo's support site says it could be due to an impact to the screen, but I don't believe that the pixels would change between red and normal, but only within that line.

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help,
    -LBM

P.S. This line appears on the DSi menu. I am using the Pokemon SoulSilver commercial cartridge, not a fashcart.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Hmmm... You should probably send it to Nintendo anyway. I've never seen that happen before, but as long as you did not do any physical damage to it, it should still be under warranty.

3. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    oh dear. replace and get a new one with warranty cover (thanks, Slyakin :3)

4. LittleBigMods
    OP

Member LittleBigMods GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hope my warranty is still good. I got it one week after the launch. There isn't any physical damage. I sent it to them about 3-4 months ago for an unresponsive R button, but they sent it back saying that they couldn't recreate the issue. I hope they won't pull the same crap.