recoverable brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by h_2_o, Mar 3, 2009.

Mar 3, 2009

recoverable brick by h_2_o at 2:35 AM (1,651 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. h_2_o
    OP

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    OK i'll make this short and sweet. friend of mine is a retard, after he softmodded his wii with starfall, he then proceeded to do an update, panic and unplug. now it is either fully bricked or semi bricked. what i was able to get to was not a full starfall menu, but the following. if i put the gamecube controller in port 1 press Y i only get a "3.2(u)" down in the lower right corner. I tried several retail games but was not sure which ones autobooted so i could not tell for sure if it was a full brick or not. anyway i've searched a bit and didn't come up with anything if anyone can help it would be appreciate.

thanks

2. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    put the Boot.dol file for Wad Manager 1.3 in the root of the SD Card and when you do the Starfall Recovery menu the WAD Manager 1.3 should run , post back please

3. xDarkElement

Member xDarkElement GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if he can access starfall, he can recover. lol who the hell does an update and then unplugs their wii while their updating. Thats the worse you can do lol

4. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If starfall recovery loads up you should be able to autoboot Zelda, if you selected the correct options in starfall that is and then run Any region changer through the Twilight Hack, and reinstall your System menu?

also i guess if you didn't select the correct options in starfall to autoboot you could load up the starfall\savemiifrii recovery and insert a game that contains the 3.3 update, let it sit for about 10min then restart the wii, it should update and fix your Wii, I believe

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Animal crossing has the 3.3 update..!! [​IMG]

6. SirTempest

Member SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    * Disaster: Day of Crisis
    * Wii Music

they have also the 3.3 update

7. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Also WarioWare Shake

8. h_2_o
    OP

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    OK not sure now. started up the wii, pressing y and it has the 3.2(u) in the lower right corner, no menu however. put in animal crossing (retail) let it start up on its own, the 3.2 went away. let sit for about 45 min then power off and reboot, nothing happened. tried same thing but this time when it went in i hit the y button again thinking i t needed to be launched that way, still nothing.

any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks much

9. hackotedelaplaqu

Member hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Did you install "Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check" on starfall ?

10. h_2_o
    OP

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    I was not the one who installed starfall on his machine he did so i am unsure of exactly what options he installed. I'm just trying to fix it w/o much luck actually.

11. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can load the recovery menu but the starfall patches to bypass the diagnostic disk check are not there. It's recoverable but you will have to buy a mod chip. The chip will enable you to use an autoboot recovery disk. I would recomend just using the auto boot wad manager disk with a system menu wad. but that's just me.......... Either way the only chance you have of fixing it on your own is with a mod chip. Nintendo could fix it too but If they notice that it's been softmodded they might void your warranty and require you to pay a fee to get it repaired.

12. h_2_o
    OP

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    hells guardian: thanks for the heads up, that is not the answer i was hoping for but what i was expecting. it isn't my wii so i'll pass on the info. however mine has an original wiikey in it. if i swap drives out and boot with zelda tp (retail) will it then autoboot? or is there another game with 3.3 that has autoboot that will update the system?

again thanks for the help guys

13. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well if you have a chip a drive swap would work out just as well. You should be able to swap it out and auto boot a game disk..... I don't believe a retail game will auto boot through the recovery menu weather you have a chip or not but I'm almost certain that this will create an autoboot disk that the mod chip will load through the recovery menu. [​IMG]

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

If you need any more help let me know. just send a PM. [​IMG]

14. h_2_o
    OP

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    created an autoboot version of animal crossing because it has 3.3 on it. I loaded starfall supposedly in the same manner as they had it loaded on the bricked one. I was able to autoboot no problem with animal crossing on the working wii with a chip.

so now i tear apart both wii's, move the chipped drive to the bricked wii. I boot up holding Y, i get the 3.2(usa) in the lower right corner. then when animal crossing is in or i press the y button again it tried to load but basically just sits there with a black screen. I let it sit as long as 30 minutes as some said to wait. nothing.

any ideas or should i tell him it is toast?

thanks for the help

15. WiiBlaster

United States
    animal Crossing dont make it autoboot if your trying to update with it, just burn it regular no Patching or brick Blocking but i think you may need to use a Official Copy of Animal Crossing for it to work, but i'm not sure about that?

Also sense you now have a Chip you may try a Autoboot Wad Manager just search for it, if it loads up, just install the IOS30 then your System menu 3.2 wad

autoboot wad manager download here
    Tichinde925
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1LLK18R

16. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    I have booted recovery and inserted twilight princess and it booted with no mod chip...is that because of preloaders hacks.ini file? (3.2U wii cioscorps softmii CSM preloader and starfall hacks applied)

17. WiiBlaster

United States
    starfall\preloader hacks is why [​IMG]