Hacking Recover stored local files from a deactivated unrecoverable account.

LachlanM12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, my old account was deactivated and I don’t know enough to recover the account.

I was big into halo 3 and reach forge and have a large catalogue of great classic custom games and my own creations.

These files are unobtainable due to security measures preventing me from moving these files from one account to another. I would like to be able to alter the files to remove this measure so that I may move them to another Xbox account and make them playable once again.

I see no solution from Microsoft so is this something that is possible to achieve? The files are about 100-200 kB and are only map variants and game modes.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know enough to recover an account but you think there's an easy way to hack into microsofts security and recover them? LOL that's funny.

LachlanM12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn’t have to be easy, just wanting to know if it can be done and how to go about it. This seems like the place to ask.

Let me ask it like this: is there a way to alter an local Xbox file from a hard drive to change its ownership from one account to another. Or to remove the restriction from the Xbox all togeather. I don’t need the Xbox to ever connect to the internet (it’s the old model with no inbuilt wireleless.
Also does altering files this way cause issues if it was transferred to another account on a different Xbox?

Last edited by LachlanM12,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try Horizon mod tool. Move the profiles and saves to a USB drive if you can, plug into the comp, open Horizon, extract the saves and data, and resign it to another profile. This is all theoretical. Or you can RGH the console if its not a Winchester motherboard and unlock the whole thing. At that point you just use a homebrew file manager app like in Aurora dashboard and copy the contents wherever you want it.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would these files then be able to be used on another legit console? Or would they be recognisable
Im not sure. Id imagine so. Just google "Horizon mod tool" and plug it with what you want to do. All of my consoles are hacked so I couldn't really tell you how it'll be on a stock 360, nor have I used Horizon very much. It does work as intended though, and is probably the least invasive option/idea I can think of for what you're trying to achieve.

Reactions: LachlanM12

Peluki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do, but if I understand you correctly any STFS content ie. PIRS or LIVE that was originally served via the microsoft servers will be encrypted with their key, and as a consequence you are out of luck! STFS user games saves on the other hand ie. CON Files (Container) are a different matter altogether and can be restructured ie. Modified, Rehashed and Resigned with a readily available key vault ... which can then be readily exchanged between users, but as I said at the beginning I'm not exactly sure what your content exactly is, and what you are trying to achieve! Certainly as I remember (and this is going back a quite while) Horizon was very limited in what it could do! and personally found it pretty useless for my requirements! but there again you will get as many opinions as the people that give them! I too was a big Halo fan and still have all my disks and saves from that time, but all this seems to be such a long time ago now! and cannot see the time when I would ever go back to them, my favourite Xbox 360 game is one that everybody appeared to give the thumbs down too, and that was 'Rage' but looking at the taster for Rage 2 it looks rubbish to me!

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Horizon specifically with a friend's Halo: Reach Theater clip, this should work, and will be recognized by an unmodified console. All you need to do is pull any file (Map, Theater Clip, etc.) from you new 360/account and copy the Profile ID, Device ID, and Console ID from that file in Horizon's Package Manager, and paste those three lines to all the files you wish to transfer. However, I only tried this once with a Theater Clip, and about seven minutes into the clip, the game would consistently give an error about reading the clip, so there may be some issues, but this'll get you most of the way.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would these files then be able to be used on another legit console? Or would they be recognisable
Without knowing a whole lot about how the 360 works, I would imagine those files count as save data, which to my knowledge is able to be moved between profiles and even modded the way @brickmii82 said, and still work on a stock 360.
To move data between a (phat) 360 HDD and a PC, you can use an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes