Hardware Recover PS3 Hard Drive Space

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was anything on the internal drive I could delete to recover some space. After getting quite a few games on there. its starting to get a little crowded! Some games that are on the drive often install data to the drive, does that mean I have it on there twice? Thanks for any help!

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
look in each game's folder to see if it still has the update - that's about 250Mb for every game!!!!!!!

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 250 gig drive in my slim but it fills up fast with some games like uncharted being almost 20 gigs. I have deleted the update file from each game. Guess I need a bigger external!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scottieb99 said:
I was wondering if there was anything on the internal drive I could delete to recover some space. After getting quite a few games on there. its starting to get a little crowded! Some games that are on the drive often install data to the drive, does that mean I have it on there twice? Thanks for any help!

You might have data on there twice, but you can't really do anything about that for now. A few games, like the Fallout ones, I think, will let you change a setting in the INI file so they don't install the stuff, but that's about it.

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 320 gig seagate free agent go for my ps3 and a 500 gig for my wii. Been collecting wii for quite a while now. Think i will get at least a 500 for my ps3.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
put a 500gig western-digital black-series in the console.
probably the fastest & best 2.5" drives you can buy - and 5year warranty too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.