Hardware Recover Games from formatted WBFS drive

XPirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hello

I've got a very big problem with my WBFS HDD.

It happened today in the morning, I was testing a GameCube backup with its loader, and (as it happens all the time) the loader froze. Usually it's not a big problem, you just need to push the power button for about 5 seconds and the Wii will turn off. I did it now too, but this time, my HDD (TOSHIBA StoreArt HDDR320E04X 320 GB) was plugged in. It has a WBFS partition, and after I turned on the wii and started the Wii USB loader (WiiFlow), it said, that there is no WBFS partition. WBFS Manager also had this error message.

I think that the sudden electrical blackout caused it, my question is that what should I do to play the games again, how to fix this problem?

tushar

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Please help me. I play call of duty black ops. I have it in a 16 gb HP usb. It was working fine yesterday but when i tried to open it today using neogamma ,it showed a message "error mounting wbfs".what does it mean? And is there any way i can make it work again? I even tried to open it with wbfs manager in my laptop but it was showing that there was no data in it .please help me i really love that game.:cry:

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it means your WBFS if probably corrupted
try wwt (sig) fix it

if it fails format the stick to fat instead of wbfs and rip the games again
fat is much more stable for the average user imho
use WBM to manage it

tushar

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thnx for ur help.but isn't there any way to restore my games bacause i did not have their iso.actually i m new at this.i am not able to understand anything .if u could post an image or mail me,i would be very obliged.thnx.

([email protected])

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
other then these two there no real option
well, there's some really nasty business involving things like formating again and then hexediting and such
but for the games you can store on 16 GB its simply not worth the effort

GREN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I accidentally formatted my 1 tb drive that already got my 320 wii games on. any tut or advice.Please help!!!:)
below is what i was able to come up with after I reformatted to ntfs since hex editor couldn't see the drive.Please help. My son is killing me over mario games.I can be emailed at [email protected]

Attachments

• screen shot.png
    screen shot.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 355

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do not copy any files to the ntfs, doing so will destroy even more games.

The WBFS itself can be recovered but some games are already lost because they got overwritten.
You can use wiimms tools to do the recovery.
There should be a thread about such cases somewhere around here.

Best make a full image of the drive before doing anything else.

GREN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not copy any files to the ntfs, doing so will destroy even more games.

The WBFS itself can be recovered but some games are already lost because they got overwritten.
You can use wiimms tools to do the recovery.
There should be a thread about such cases somewhere around here.

Best make a full image of the drive before doing anything else.

HOW???????????????????

Keagan

Trophies
XP
Country
What you need to do (theoretically) is:

1. Get a hex editor that can handle hard drive partitions. e.g. HxD http://mh-nexus.de/en/
2. Search for "WBFS" - this will probably be at sector 63 or 64
3. Change the 0x00's from byte 12 onwards to 0x01 for however many games you have on the disc.
4. thats it

You can find out how many images you have on there by looking at the successive sectors and counting the disc titles you find.

The first 12 bytes in the partition sector are:
"WBFS"
4 bytes of partition size
4 bytes of housekeeping (size of sector, size of wbfs sector, two pads)

The rest of the sector is the usage table and that's what you need to change.

Hi there sorry if anyone can assist me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a 1 TB HDD that i accidentally formatted it had about 20 wbfs games on it. When i plug it into the wii now it shows there are 0 games. But it registers in my PC , with 208 mb data used with the rest of the HDD appearing to be free space.

I have tried the following steps when i search for WBFS it finds 'WbFS' does it need to be case sensitive? Also if i select Case sensitive it just searches forever. I haven't put anything on the HDD since formatting and i don't find 0X00 after the 12th byte i see 57 62 46 53.... whole bunch of numbers and at from byte 12 assuming that 57 was the first byte - from byte 12 is 11??

I do not know too much about it but would highly appreciate it if someone could help me.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Keagan Try using Wiimms ISO Tools with the repair option. There is information on how to do it in the this earlier post's link.

If you manage to repair it you should convert it to FAT32 and not use WBFS. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo