1. DenMarC

OP DenMarC Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I made a HUGE MISTAKE and deleted the partition where my EmuNAND was running from, now I lost my save files. Can I recover it? I tried some Windows tools but I believe they cannot find files within the deleted partition because it is in another file system. Thank you!
    I made a HUGE MISTAKE and deleted the partition where my EmuNAND was running from, now I lost my save files. Can I recover it? I tried some Windows tools but I believe they cannot find files within the deleted partition because it is in another file system. Thank you!

2. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Get a partition editor, like GParted and run it on the card. Use the options to recover partitions and cross your public hairs.

You didn't happen to delete and format the card, did you?

3. DenMarC

OP DenMarC Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I deleted the partition, then used NxNandManager to create a new one with an older EmuNAND backup file I had. (Didn't know the save files would be there )

I will try your suggestion, thank you!

4. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    In this case no way back - your old partition is overwritten by another EmiNAND backup

5. DenMarC

OP DenMarC Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Yeah I guess so, the method did not work :(

Living and learning as they say.

Thank you nonetheless!

6. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Usually if deleting a partition, one can recover it easily if didn't wite anything more to the partition space. And there might be the possibility that some data could be corrupt, making your system unstable.

Either way, the lesson is that as soon as you saw the partition dissappear, you should have stopped using the card. And then tried to recover.

Sorry for being unable to help.

But I hope you feel some love from my part coming your way.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - partition, Recover, deleted