kkdecara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello
My 3DS froze saving a game and i had to force shut it down, now the SD is corrupt and i have to format it.
Now it won't turn on since it had the kind of hack that needs the SD to even turn on. How can i revive it?
I've read the threads in here but they're for different hacks (A9LH, boot9strap, luma...)
-How to get b9s back on a system with formatted SD card? by DashAhead
-[Tutorial] A9LH Users: Recover From Formatted/Deleted SD Card by bahamut920

So, should i try any of 'em or can i brick my console if not already bricked?
I don't know which cfw or hack i had but i believe it was all of 'em (is that even possible? lol)

Last edited by kkdecara,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to salvage whatever files are on your SD card using a recovery program. Check this thread for recovery program suggestions:
accidental micro sd format.need help
Those programs should work for corrupted SD cards even if Windows File Explorer won't properly recognize the card.

Use a spare, second SD card to try to get your 3DS running again.

Edit - See if your 3DS boots without an SD card.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

kkdecara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a ton
That was a great idea
I tried using ZAR Zero Assumption Recovery since it has saved my ass many times but now i've discovered the SD card is a goner. It takes forever doing any action be copying, deleting, analizing it with software, and so on, and then ejects itself/tells me there's no SD present (Short story-it's broken i believe).
I'll have to get a new one.
I'm resigned the files on my 3ds are goners, my saves as well, right?, or do the apps you mention in the other thread work if i have a new SD? (Checkpoint or JKSM)

EDIT: My 3ds won't turn on without SD
EDIT 2: I copied to root files from Luma 6.9 as the tutorial for recovering A9LH (7.0 didn't work for me for some reason). 3DS turns back on. I'm using a new SD. I'm glad to this point, but i just want to hope: can i recover my saves ?

Last edited by kkdecara,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT 2: I copied to root files from Luma 6.9 as the tutorial for recovering A9LH (7.0 didn't work for me for some reason). 3DS turns back on. I'm using a new SD. I'm glad to this point, but i just want to hope: can i recover my saves ?

Try two other recovery programs and on a different computer before writing your old SD card as a lost. If you succeed, copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder and you JKSM or Checkpoint to pull the saves.

kkdecara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I followed your advice.
Sadly, nothing can be done for my SD, none of the programs worked on 2 PC's, and even trying to use repair tools like chkdsk, diskpart in windows give errors. Even more i tried linux to no avail.
It gave useful information though, it says the disk has 102 bad sectors, and the S.M.A.R.T. test fails.
Bad sectors, as i've seen on forums, are an irreversible problem
Thank you very much for your help
We can mark this thread as solved

I do wonder if JKSM checks for saves on the console or on the SD though, and i have hope seeing as though some games drom DSiWare i had are still there even in a new SD. They install on the system directly i presume, or am i wrong and it doesn't have anything to do with it?

Last edited by kkdecara,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.