Hacking Recommended Slot-2 card?

BannedEpisode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I apologize if this questions been covered to death but I wanted some good opinions on this subject.

If GameYeeeah ever decides to ship my R4, I want to have a decent slot-2 card to go with it so I can back up my collection of old GBA games and have access to the extra ram so i can use the browser and various homebrews.

I just dont really know which card is a good one. What do you guys suggest?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's not really classified as a slot 2, more like an expansion pack only. At least for me.

If you want a fully functional slot 2 with its own memory, get an EZFlash IV or a G6.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 perfects are the best if you don't mind spending the extra cash. They can play all GBA roms cut and paste method. Very easy and have ram and everything. They can also play 99% of all NDS roms so you can use it as your slot 1 backup just in case.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

BannedEpisode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 perfects are the best if you don't mind spending the extra cash. They can play all GBA roms cut and paste method. Very easy and have ram and everything. They can also play 99% of all NDS roms so you can use it as your slot 1 backup just in case.

Oh cool, and thats compatable with the R4? I know that the R4 can switch over to a slot-2 device but I didnt know that it included the more advanced devices. I might consider that.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But for the EZFLash 3-in-1, you have to boot it from the games menu. INstall Rudolph tools on the root of your SD (I think you need to do this for it to work) and select that to use the Expansion pack.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I've taken advice from a lot of DS guys and told me that an EZFlash IV is probably better than an M3 Perfect. That's what I got, and it's working awesome. Except I gotta redownload the EZSkinner, my EZup binary is getting weird when I want a new skin.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But for the EZFLash 3-in-1, you have to boot it from the games menu. INstall Rudolph tools on the root of your SD (I think you need to do this for it to work) and select that to use the Expansion pack.

I will probably just go for the more expensive M3 perfect lite.
Good choice. I would personally get mine from here. If you live in the US and order from there it should get to you in less than 5 days!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2