Emulation Others Recommended DS emulation cart?

Kemix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a DS Lite after my old one utterly disappeared after we moved a few years back (LONG story) and was wondering what were good emulation carts to use on a DS? I assume R4 is still good to use and fairly cheap these days, but if anyone has opinions on which cards to look for on eBay/Amazon I'm all ears about it.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks! in a similar situation; kiddo found my old DSLite in the garage, but I cant find the M3 I was using back in the day. Looks like i'm buying a DSONE card, but I thought the M3 had a piece that went into the GBA slot. Is that not needed with these newer carts?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! in a similar situation; kiddo found my old DSLite in the garage, but I cant find the M3 I was using back in the day. Looks like i'm buying a DSONE card, but I thought the M3 had a piece that went into the GBA slot. Is that not needed with these newer carts?
Not needed.

What you're talking about is the old school slot-1 PassMe card and a slot-2 GBA flashcart to load games from.

Encryption was cracked a long-long time ago, so no need for a dedicated PassMe card anymore.

• Love
Reactions: iza

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Not needed.

What you're talking about is the old school slot-1 PassMe card and a slot-2 GBA flashcart to load games from.

Encryption was cracked a long-long time ago, so no need for a dedicated PassMe card anymore.
Awesome! Thanks. I can't believe the DSlite still powers up after about 10 years in the garage. Looking forward to brushing up on its new developments (aka anything in the past 10 years lol)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It depends on which kind of piece for the GBA slot it was. There were the mentioned slot-2 flashcarts that you don't need with a proper slot-1 card, but there were also extra packs like rumble or ram for the gba slot. You won't be able to use those features without a new ram or rum pack. However, not many games support them anyways.

The best flashcard since the late 2000's has always been SuperCard DSTwo.

Anything else are clones of the clones.
But they aren't beeing made anymore and they are pretty expensive. The DSONE is a good cheap alternative for DS and DS lite.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DSTWO are the best cards (SNES emulation, GBA emulation if GBARUNNER2 cannot play some games, faster DOS emulation, CPS2 emulation, better Atari ST emulation, some good PC ports... and of course, a very good compatibility with NDS games)
I bought 2 DSTWO cards the past 2 years for 20€ each delivered on local sales. You need to take your time and do not go on ebay.
If you want something right now, an Ace3DS+ clone is a good option as stated by @CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1