Gaming Recommended DS Baseball Games?

sk3tch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says...do you have a baseball game for the Nintendo DS that you'd recommend? There don't seem to be too many options out there.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xblackoutx said:
From what I have previously read about them none of them are any good but I have never actually tried one so I don't have anything to recommend.

If you're talking about non-japanese ones then you're right.
But Power Pro-kun Pocket 10 is down right awesome, if you can find your way through the menus that is.
There are heaps of modes on it, but so far I only know how to play home run comp mode and kind of quick game mode. I have absolutely no idea how to play Success Mode which is like build/train your own super baseball player of sorts. And then theres a card game mode. No idea how that works either.
Still lots of fun anyway.

sk3tch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's my fear. It's a pretty bleak picture out there. I guess I'll just play Baseball Stars using a NES emulator.
smile.gif

EDIT:

blahman said:
But Power Pro-kun Pocket 10 is down right awesome, if you can find your way through the menus that is.
There are heaps of modes on it, but so far I only know how to play home run comp mode and kind of quick game mode. I have absolutely no idea how to play Success Mode which is like build/train your own super baseball player of sorts. And then theres a card game mode. No idea how that works either.

Thank you! I will look into that one.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely not a strong suit for the DS. I've played almost all baseball games for the DS, and the only one I would recommend is the 2K8 Fantasy All-Stars that just came out a couple months ago. It really is a lot of fun. It's not a super-serious baseball game sim, it's more like Mario Kart is to racing.

The players in Fantasy All-Stars are more cartoonish with unique, funny ballparks to play in. Plus, there are a lot of creative pitching and hitting power-ups that can be attained. It's a lot of fun to play single or multi-player and it's received pretty good reviews overall. But personally, I still think it deserves more props than it's gotten. Another great feature is that it definitely has the best pitching and batting controls on the DS, fully utilizing the touchscreen in a creative way. I actually just finished playing it 10 minutes ago. I'd highly recommend. 8/10

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blahman said:
xblackoutx said:
From what I have previously read about them none of them are any good but I have never actually tried one so I don't have anything to recommend.

power pro is awesome! i am just playing the season mode... but i want to play the success mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello