suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am in the market for an external DVD Burner. I am currently using an HP laptop and am looking to get an Asus EEEPC, so I want something external USB that I can use with both computers.

I have been doing some research and been using newegg's review center to find out alot of things. It just seems that every External DVD Burner has some bad reviews and it is hard trying to pick through DVD drive failures and some computer ignorance.

I have checked out a lot of big brands like LG, Samsung, Sony, HP, Pioneer.

I am leaning towards the Sony DRX-840U, but everywhere I check it is almost $100 USD. The samsung and LG are about $50. I am just wondering if the extra $50 is worth it, or should I stick with something else.

Does anyone have any recommendations on an internal DVD burner comboed with an External 5.25 enclosure?

thanks for any help in this matter. It is greatly appreciated.

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After quite a bit of googling and research, I have found out that alot of the Sony Optical Drives are nothing more than rebadged Lite-On optical drives.

Does anyone have any personal experience with either a Sony or Lite-On optical drive that they would care to share.

Do they get up to the rated burn speed?

Do they produce many coasters if used in combination with quality media like verbatim or taiyo yuden?

Do the drives break down after a year or two of average use?

Thanks for any help, its greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them