Recommendation for Micro-SD Card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jappy495, May 15, 2014.

1. jappy495
    OP

jappy495 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi there,

I just wanted to ask, if someone can recommend a micro SD card in order to use it with the gateway module. Is the speed very important? I found two cards, one that has a transferrate of 30 mb/sec and one that has 45 mb/sec, which also says "class 10". Does anybody know if I can use the cheaper and slower one?

i onced bought for my NDS a micro sd card which was too slow, which resulted in my games playing much slower....

Thanks in advance

2. sinx4lyfe

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Speed is only important for the rom loading sooner when playing and copying stuff over to the micro sd card. There's alot of threads on this including mine xD but i feel you! Just stay away from fake cards... (Price too good) you get what you pay for but so far the gbatemp community reccomends anything sandisk and samsung is also good.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Go with Class (6) or better for speed.

Sandisk, Samsung, and ADATA are all confirmed good brands. I recommend staying away from Kingston.

4. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
  5. PercentSevenC

PercentSevenC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Sony's cards are pretty good from a price/performance standpoint.

6. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    Sandisk class 10 or ultra with 64GB i only have 3 gbs left to install games so i would highly suggest getting a 64 gb and ssb4 and Omega ruby and alpha sapphire is coming soon so there goes all my free storage