Hacking Recommend Me A Micro SD Card

portezbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have problems fairly frequently with my my SCDS 2 and i have a sneaking suspicion that shoptemp just keeps sending me crappy micro sd cards, so I've been thinking about buying a new one. I'd like to get it from amazon because I have a prime account. This transcend 4gb class 6 card looks pretty good:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-microSDHC-...3435&sr=8-1

but I've also found:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flas...435&sr=8-18

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Class-Memor...435&sr=8-13

suggestions?

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I always use SanDisk. I have had every size and speed and they all work great. I currently use an 8 GB Mobile Ultra Class 6 in my CycloDS and a 16 GB Class 2 in my SuperCard DSTWO.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The memory card I use to test all my carts is a transcend 8GB, class 6 from amazon.com
and it's pretty good, it goes through a lot of abuse and it's still working great

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you get, try to get a class 6 or up. I have a class 4 Kingston 4GB, and for the most part it works well, but it makes Castlevania: PoR randomly freeze.
frown.gif
Most games don't need a high-speed card, but if you get a decent class one, you shouldn't have any problems with games like PoR.

portezbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, yeah, I think the card shoptemp sold me is a class 2 even though they advertised it as a class 4.

Oh you are right, those second two arent micro sd no wonder they were cheaper. Good catch thanks.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sandisk class 2 family is one of the cheapest and reliable brand of micro SD.
Transcend class 6 family is also a reliable and fast micro SD. Be aware that they are more expensive.

I would recommend not getting a Kingston micro SD. There are just too many fake Kingston on the market.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "class" of an SD card refers to it's minimum "write" speed not read speed. You can google it if you want. For example a Class 2 card writes at a minimum 2MB/s. Higher the class doesn't necessarily mean it has faster reads. My Class 2 Sandisk reads faster than my Transcend Class 6 but has slower writes. The most important spec is the card's access rate. Unfortunately it's hard to tell what that is unless you actually try the card. It's not usually something that's advertised in the packaging. With that said, I've had no problems using Sandisk, Kingston or Transcend. Never tried any other brands.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
Whatever you get, try to get a class 6 or up. I have a class 4 Kingston 4GB, and for the most part it works well, but it makes Castlevania: PoR randomly freeze.
frown.gif
Most games don't need a high-speed card, but if you get a decent class one, you shouldn't have any problems with games like PoR.

Really? Getting one then, cus i've onlt that game left to play in the series on the DS. Alltough i got an unopened copy in the shelf, i still want to be able to play it on my flashcard without the freezes.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well I'm also using a Transcend class 6 4GB and it works pretty well considering on how much i insert/remove it on the cart to do some "maintenance."It's a pretty reliable card though my sandisk 2GB was lost,maybe my mom accidentally threw it.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.