Recolor Sprites from 8-bits to 16-bits

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This thread tries to recolor the sprites from 8-bits to 16-bits.
I ask that you help me to recolor everything that is in 8-bits in these sprites of Rokko Chan's SMB Crossover to 16-bits and put the transparent :-)
latest

Last edited by NancyDS,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Ah, the good ol' “I have an idea, do it for me help me do something”-attitude.
Also, the image you've provided (even with the resolution-crippling part of the link removed) is a crusty JPEG instead of a proper sprite sheet. How do you expect anyone to work with this?

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah, the good ol' “I have an idea, do it for me help me do something”-attitude.
Also, the image you've provided (even with the resolution-crippling part of the link removed) is a crusty JPEG instead of a proper sprite sheet. How do you expect anyone to work with this?
It is not a JPEG, it is a PNG.

click on the image to enter the link of the image, right click and select save and go.

You can use programs like GIMP, Adobe Photoshop or Paint.NET to recolor everything that is 8-bits in this sprites sheet to 16-bits.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It is not a JPEG, it is a PNG.

click on the image to enter the link of the image, right click and select save and go.

You can use programs like GIMP, Adobe Photoshop or Paint.NET to recolor everything that is 8-bits in this sprites sheet to 16-bits.
You're right, it's a PNG... but it's still compressed as shit and looks like a JPEG.
Look at this, this is the image at full resolution. This isn't an uncompressed sprite sheet people can work on.

upload_2019-1-16_20-36-56.png

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you put a transparent background to the sprite sheet?
That's a 2 second job. I don't get why you don't do it yourself, but I suggest you dig out an uncompressed version of this sheet if you don't want sprite edges to look like this:

upload_2019-1-16_20-42-25.png

Reactions: The Catboy

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's a 2 second job. I don't get why you don't do it yourself, but I suggest you dig out an uncompressed version of this sheet if you don't want sprite edges to look like this:

View attachment 155285
There is and by the way I put a version of the image in high quality
psctptk-1-png.155286

Attachments

• PscTPtK (1).png
    PscTPtK (1).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,454
Last edited by NancyDS,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
There is and by the way I put a version of the image in high quality
Yea, that's better. But for crying out loud, learn to do things yourself...
Here you go.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted User

Do you know any professional here in the forum who can recolorize an 8-bit to 16-bit sprite?
To be clear, there is no clear distinction between "8-bit" graphics and "16-bit" graphics; the aesthetic largely varies from console to console, with each system supporting a different range of colors, as well as variation on how many colors can be shown on-screen at once. For example, while both the Sega Mega Drive and SNES were 16-bit consoles, the SNES used a 15-bit RGB palette, whereas the Mega Drive instead used a 9-bit RGB palette. This meant that the SNES could display more colors on-screen at once than the Mega Drive without turning to techniques like dithering or other, more complex technical tricks, despite both systems technically being 16-bit.

Therefore, your request to recolor this sprite sheet from "8 bits" to "16 bits" is incredibly vague. That could range anywhere from adding more colors and shading onto the pre-existing sprites, or completely re-drawing said sprites at a larger resolution. Doing either is quite a large request to make of anyone on the forum for basically nothing. Instead, learn to use an image editing program like GIMP or GraphicsGale, and start working your way up from there if you want to make sprite edits. There are tutorials all over the web that can teach you the basics of pixel art, what to do, what not to do, and so on. Keep at it, and soon you'll be able to make good-looking customs without having to ask random people on forums.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To be clear, there is no clear distinction between "8-bit" graphics and "16-bit" graphics; the aesthetic largely varies from console to console, with each system supporting a different range of colors, as well as variation on how many colors can be shown on-screen at once. For example, while both the Sega Mega Drive and SNES were 16-bit consoles, the SNES used a 15-bit RGB palette, whereas the Mega Drive instead used a 9-bit RGB palette. This meant that the SNES could display more colors on-screen at once than the Mega Drive without turning to techniques like dithering or other, more complex technical tricks, despite both systems technically being 16-bit.

Therefore, your request to recolor this sprite sheet from "8 bits" to "16 bits" is incredibly vague. That could range anywhere from adding more colors and shading onto the pre-existing sprites, or completely re-drawing said sprites at a larger resolution. Doing either is quite a large request to make of anyone on the forum for basically nothing. Instead, learn to use an image editing program like GIMP or GraphicsGale, and start working your way up from there if you want to make sprite edits. There are tutorials all over the web that can teach you the basics of pixel art, what to do, what not to do, and so on. Keep at it, and soon you'll be able to make good-looking customs without having to ask random people on forums.
Well I have an 8-bit to 16-bit recolouring request, this is the 8-bit version of the unfinished sprites sheet:
full

recolor this, please.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
@NancyDS Since your request is so vague, I've just shat the image into an editor and changed the colour palette. Bam. You happy?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 583

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
my dude why the fuck are you wasting your time on this imbecile?
Why is she wasting her time on us?
You gave me an image broken by its colors.
You asked me to recolour the picture. I did it by changing its palette.
I think this thread should be official, any moderator or administrator to make this official thread?
lolno

When will you learn to do stuff by yourself? You're not gonna get better at doing stuff unless you do it. Get a bloody image editor and try actually doing this yourself instead of asking other people to do it for you.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free