Rechargeable Wii Controllers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by WiiFit_Guy, May 3, 2015.

1. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

WiiFit_Guy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada
    Hello GBA TEMP

I had a Nintendo Wii since around 2007. Since then I bought the Nyko charge station which came with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charge station to charge both batteries at the same time. They were a great investment.

Though Currently I think the batteries have reached their lifespan and dont even put nearly a half of the play time they used to be.

I have been searching on amazon and I can't seem to just find the rechargeable battery pack itself. I would like to know what you guys use to have rechargeable and long reliable batteries for the Wii. Any recommendations or links to just rechargebable battery packs.

Thanks

Summary:

-Have the Nyko charge station for 2 rechargeable battery packs. Good quality long lasting. Used for 8 years.
    -Looking for just another 2 replacement rechargeable battery packs.
    -Interested to see what other GBATEMP users use for their Wii remotes (regular duracell recharble batteries, Nyko, ect..)

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Back in the day I used just standard rechargeable NiMh AA batteries, no brand in particular just whatever I found around that seemed OK (I think I used Panasonic, but perhaps they were Energizer... who knows)

3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I got the Nyko rechargeable pack, last year, so it still works. However, one of the ports was busted, my fault. I don't remember how exactly it got bent, but yeah. However, the packs don't last long, and I just resorted to normal double As. I'd rather get rechargeable batteries, that station's a reason not to buy third party stuff. I got an Energizer pack that charges two Wii controllers and the Wii U gamepad. However, on the first day trying it out, it charged the Wiimote the first time, but I couldn't get it to work subsequent times. Practically a $30 waste.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i also use standarn Ni-MH aa batteries, however op would like to use his charge station which is pratical.. and since he got it, he could still use it..

i have several "random" types of rechargeable batteries, some from duracell. some from ikea, and other brands..

WiiFit_Guy, on nyko webpage you can just buy the batteries http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Battery+Kit+(Blue) isn't this ones? this doesn't come with the station, but it comes with a stupid extra cover (i would prefer a option without the cover)

also, try to look in your town for a battery store.. i mean, a store specialized on batteries.., you probably can open that thing (the battery pack) and in a battery shop they should be able to get the same type for you...

WiiFit_Guy likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I have the same Energizer charge station and it's really nice, but what I really hate about Wiimote charge stations is that they all use AAA's now. Not a single one I've found has used AAs, except the one I bought originally for my Wii, the batteries lasted at least 30 hours on it without needing to be charged, with the ones that use AAAs the batteries only last a few hours and they're never charged when I need them because I forget to put them back on the charger... I've resorted to just using regular non-rechargeable AAs now, they last much longer.

The Energizer charge station is nice for keeping everything in one place though, it's great for space saving :)

Margen67 likes this.
  6. WiiFit_Guy
    OP

WiiFit_Guy GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2015
    Canada

Thank You! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I agree with you with the cover, cause I already have it. Therefore an option to buy without the cover would be nice.
    I will look into it. Thanks!

7. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    Or the op could refurbish his existing battery back by replacing the batteries inside, although might be more of a hassle then it is worth.
    You could use Li-Ion battery size 14500 in the Wiimote, and just one would be required to power the Wiimote.