ToraxOutlaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.forbiddenwarthog.co.nr
XP
Country
Hi forum brothers in arms, I've recently just upgraded from my old DS Lite to the New 3DS XL much to my sheer joy and happiness. I have now encountered a slight issue with recent hardware upgrade, I know my DS Lite EDGE flash cart will not work in my New 3DS XL, hence why I've come to the forums for your advice. I own all the games on the flash cart, I just downloaded the backups save me carrying around all my games. I need advice on the best flash cart for the New 3DS XL to use with all my old games, I'm not interested in the 3DS flash carts for 3DS games cause I will more than likely purchase the downloadable versions from the Nintendo eShop. So guys what advice can you give to help a fellow gamer out.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The best DS flashcart that works on all 3DS firmwares is the Supercard DSTWO. A little pricey, but it has an extra built-in CPU for things like GBA emulation and tons of extra features.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A R4i Gold 3DS should do the trick. It is cheap and it works.

If you want gba and snes emulation and don't mind paying more for it, you can buy the Supercard DSTWO. But, do note that snes and gba emulation are far from perfect even with the DStwo.

ToraxOutlaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.forbiddenwarthog.co.nr
XP
Country
I have updated it to the latest version will that have any effect on the flash cart, I'm not fussed about GBA emulation as I have my GBA SP for all my GBA games, there's only the Zelda NES games I want play but I can get them from the eShop. I've looked at the DSTwo, it's pricey but something I wouldn't need as I wouldn't be emulating GBA or NES games.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth mentioning that the DStwo drains more battery life than the R4i gold RTS due to its SoC. Compounded with this the fact that you probably don't care for sub-par GBA/SNES emulation, I'd say avoid the DStwo and go for the R4i. Like others have said, just make sure the retailer mentions that it's 3DS 9.x+ compatible

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help guys, I'll look into the R4 cards, but what about this R4i Gold Pro (2015) and if I wanted to backup and use my 3DS games, what could you recommend then???
You're on latest firmware, so backing up I'm not sure about (perhaps a hardware dongle would allow that, but I've never looked into it) and playing your only option is Sky3DS.

Of course, if your titles are eShop this is irrelevant.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, you've been really helpful. I have noticed that R4 have made a £DS Deluxe card that can play 3DS titles does anyone know anything about this???

Basically any card that's not Gateway or Sky is either a clone of one of them or a DS mode cart. If the former, just get the real deal. If the latter, know it's DS only.

The one named appears to be a Gateway clone.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, you've been really helpful. I have noticed that R4 have made a £DS Deluxe card that can play 3DS titles does anyone know anything about this???
its a gateway clone and its been abandoned, it hasnt received an update since last july

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse