Hacking Received Gateway after 8.x, Can Retail Cart Help Update?

tura910

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my Gateway card before the update to 8.x, but it didn't show up in the mail until after the update. :wacko: So, I never got a chance to get it all set up properly. I just bought a retail Tomodachi Life to play in the mean time, but it wants me to update to 7.x before I can play. :unsure: Of course, I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good 4.5 system, but I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks and would love to have more than just Animal Crossing (retail) to play.

Anyway, here's my question. Is there any way I can use the update in Tomodachi to get my Gateway stuff set up? If so, can someone explain the process? Thank you!!! :wub:

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use gateway without emunand.
Just run the exploit and enter gateway mode. Firmware spoofing will take care of the rest.
Unfortunately, I don't believe you can play Tomodachi life on a 4.5 3ds due to the save encryption issue.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yep, no way to play tomodachi life, even if you had classic mode, you will just have to see if gateway release this update for 7.x encryption any time soon
PS its not save encryption, its rom encryption :P

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, like the people above me said there is no way to play Tomodachi life right now. :(

Make sure you backup your NAND and install emunand. Then you should be able to play most other games (pretty much evertyhing except Tomadachi Life) using Gateway mode since it spoofs firmware.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it uses the 7.X encryption keys, gateway says they already cracked it, we are just waiting for the update to be released now

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the simple explination.....the game is encrypted in a way that gateway a non updated console cant read it, only a console that is properly updated (not using emunand) can decrypt the game

as joe88 said, gateway supposedly have a fix that is meant to be released "soon", but the last time gateway said something was coming "soon" it was about 6 months.......we will just have to sit tight and see what happens

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if gateway really do have 7.x encryption cracked....then just until they release the update....not trying to say they are lying, but they havent actually shown any 7.x encrypted games running yet....so we only have their word that they have it sorted, but they are "generally" good to their word

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if gateway really do have 7.x encryption cracked....then just until they release the update....not trying to say they are lying, but they havent actually shown any 7.x encrypted games running yet....so we only have their word that they have it sorted, but they are "generally" good to their word
It's not like they denied until the very end that they have a bricking code.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's not like they denied until the very end that they have a bricking code.
i did say "generally"....i.e every feature they have promised so far they have delivered on.......lets try not turn it into a bitch fest, gateway have done a lot of good for the scene and all the other cards so far are solely reliant on gateways developments....nobody is forcing anyone to buy either card....love them or hate them, they are where the updates come from

PS to actually clear up the question asked in this thread, you can indeed update emunand using a retail cart(in a round about way)...tested it out myself and it worked perfectly, read the thread here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/can-some-one-with-a-hardware-mod-confirm-whether-this-will-work.370118/

i understand that the OP didnt know it was pretty much un-needed, but there are a few benefits from having a emunand updated to 6.x+ such as local trading/battling working in pokemon, being able to use streetpass relay...and may some other stuff im unaware of, basically its not required, but if ou really want anyo of those features, there is a way to do it......it still wont make tomodachi life playable either though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper