Reccommended to update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LAA, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011

Reccommended to update? by LAA at 9:16 PM (1,505 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I got the message from estore there was a new update available, but should I update?
    I read the internet browser got updated, and I'm aware there is some kinda exploit on the internet browser already which may be key to hacking 3DS.
    Anyone know if its fine to update?
    Thanks

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Internet Browser exploit? Don't know what you're talking about.

I say update.

3. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Oh, well there's this website you can visit on the 3DS which can freeze your 3DS and you'd have to hold power button to turn it off, someone said team twiizers made it, but I dont know.
    It may be a buffer overflow or something, but maybe not.
    Just worried if updating will fix this exploit and if/when a hack is made, I'll miss out on it and will have to wait for another exploit

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Possibly, no word on it affecting the Internet Browser at all yet, you're better off waiting if you want to be cautious.

5. ccfreak2k

Newcomer ccfreak2k Advanced Member

United States
    Wishful thinking. Basically all it does is what you've described: it causes the browser/system to hang. It's patently useless. But hey, don't let that stop you from speculating!

6. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    is online updates and updates on game carts the nly way to update? or can you download an update from a pc to an sd card and then update from the sd card that way?

im asking cause i havent got a 3ds yet , and i was wondering if i buy one with launch fw, is my only option to update to the latest fw through online update? or can i update to any version above the launch fw i want to,like the fw version before this one that just came out?
    like besides doing it with a game ,like with an sd card i dl the update to with my pc?

7. huh123

Newcomer huh123 Newbie

Yugoslavia
    You update only through the device itself. Just like the Wii.

8. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    but with the wii it is possible to download updates on a pc and put them on an sd card and update that way isnt it?
    like nusd which i think is now part of modmii ,insnt NUSD for downloading wii updates with a pc,so you can put them on a sd card,and then put the sd in your wii and update your wii via update files you downloadedon your pc and put on the sd card? ,or does that only work if you have already softmodded your wii?