Reason #673 why I now really f*cking hate Sony.

gimpymoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Way to go Sony.

I for one am not buying ANY of your branded products.

I HOPE BLU-RAY Dies a horrible death
smile.gif

Well, at least all this has made one decision easy for me:

HD-DVD FOR THE WIN
smile.gif

AmD950

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
huh?
are we hong kong people still following UK's law?

I thought we have ended this after the handover in 1997!

(International Law? doh. I know nothing about laws and in-laws XD)

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
i got my first flashcard from lik-sang....
i hate sony(and have before you) but if lik-sang broke the rules
they should have to pay the piper
but i bet they will be back...even if they get a new name...

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony to European Game Fans: Up Yours!

That's what this is all about. They didn't want Euros to get their hands on the PS3 early. They want you to wait, and they want you to pay the full European price for it. (Which is much higher than the American or the Japanese price.)

Sony can rot in hell for this decision. Anyone defending them is a corporate whore.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck Sony.

I hate them with a passion. They make damn good hardware, then fuck it all up with thier heavy handed DRM shit. Everything Sony touches gets the same taint. Mini Discs, Movies, Music CD's, Music Players, etc. If its made/published by Sony chances are it has fucked up copy protection that doesnt stop any real pirate, just screws regular customers.

I never buy anything Sony. I steal it all. I have at least 200 PS2 games on my HDLoader equipped PS2, and hundreds of burnt PS1 games for my chipped PS1. I have tons of LCoSS DVDs I have copied. I haven't got a PSP since I dont particularly think its worth the $229 purchase price, but if I did buy one, I would be pirating everything on it. UMDs? Give me a break.

ROMz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well this is fucked up... I for one cancelled my ps3 pre-order and i say

BOYCOTT THESE DAMN FUCKERS TO HELL.. just fucking die sony..

EM0rox

Trophies
Website
www.emogame.com
XP
Country
United States
Fucking shame man, I've been buying from them for like 6-7 years now, I'm gonna miss them...

Funny all the Sony hate in here though, Nintendo sued Lik-sang too a few years back, FYI.... They had to stop selling flash carts and the like because of it...

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking shame man, I've been buying from them for like 6-7 years now, I'm gonna miss them...

Funny all the Sony hate in here though, Nintendo sued Lik-sang too a few years back, FYI.... They had to stop selling flash carts and the like because of it...

Yeahhh, although Nintendo sued Lik-sang, they didn't push them to the point of shutting down. A lot of people still used Lik-sang for importing and buying legal products.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boo Fucking Hoo.

They wouldn't have tried to shut down Lik-Sang without a reason. I'm by no means a fanboy of this fucking company, but who gives a shit? It's not like there's 150,000 other companies that you can buy your "unlawful" items from.

Happy trails.

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Boo Fucking Hoo.

They wouldn't have tried to shut down Lik-Sang without a reason. I'm by no means a fanboy of this fucking company, but who gives a shit? It's not like there's 150,000 other companies that you can buy your "unlawful" items from.

Happy trails.

You're ignorant and should have done your research before you posted. Lik-Sang used to sell unlawful items, but they stopped a while ago. We aren't pissed because Lik-Sang can't sell us stuff anymore, we're pissed because Sony crushed a business into the ground just in the name of profit.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with profit? How do you think businesses stay in business covers it's expenses, taxes and employies?

Lik-Sang should have just respected Sony's way of doing things or just not have sold their product. I don't see why Lik-Sang didn't just open a chain of stores in these other regions. If it was the top Import site and there was as much support as we see on these boards they could have branched out unless they were just pocketing all their profit.

Microsoft and Nintendo sued them 4 years ago, Sony just finished the job.

Wishmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First they copy Nintendo. Then they crush E3, and now..

I'm gonna walk into a sony showroom and tell all the customers to bycott sony. Also drop a stink bomb or two.

ps3 will die a miserable death and sony will fire another 1000 employees..
smile.gif

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah, so think about it. How was Lik-Sang getting Sony products to sell if Sony didn't want them disributing them?

I honestly don't know the answer but I would feel that it must play a major factor in this situation. These places always had a black market feel to them so I could never understand what kind of agreements any publisher could have with them.

Lik-sang was not buying their games and consoles straight from sony or the publishers, they were getting them second hand basically, hence they would not need to oblige to any agreements with anyone by US standards.

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What's wrong with profit? How do you think businesses stay in business covers it's expenses, taxes and employies?

Lik-Sang should have just respected Sony's way of doing things or just not have sold their product. I don't see why Lik-Sang didn't just open a chain of stores in these other regions. If it was the top Import site and there was as much support as we see on these boards they could have branched out unless they were just pocketing all their profit.

Microsoft and Nintendo sued them 4 years ago, Sony just finished the job.

Nothing is wrong with profit, but there is something wrong with crushing a business into the ground.

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
Well I'm not suprised at Sony as they know the PS3 aint going to do shit, but it also reminds me of M$ as well trying to muscle thier way in the console market.

May Sony and M$ burn in hell and let Nintendo reign over us forever...oh and where my Dreamcast 2 coming Sega ... bastards

Akeos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe sony would sink so low.
Well...., forget i said that, sony has always been scum!

the only thing they could offer me was final fantasy and metal gear solid.

Those bastards!!!!!!! Perfect chance for Nintendo to rise now

All i can say now is, that i wish and hope so dearly that the ps3 will take a dive and on top of that,
the console will be hacked very soon upon release. That should make sony shed a few tears...heh heh.

Hopefully, Lik-Sang will make a quick recovery

Nintendo Rules!
yaynds.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Sony had announced price drops in Japan on the forthcoming release of ps3. Due to the feedback they had received regarding it being over priced. Their intention here was to try to stop the lower price consoles from reaching the european market prior to launch day. They wish to milk the early adoptors for every penny they can.

Europe already gets ripped off in every release due to the way the price never gets converted straight from the asian/us prices into the relevant european currency, they simply wish this to continue without interference from importers who can buy the console, advertise, ship the product to europe, include a new power adaptor, and still make a higher profit (while keeping the price comparable to the European ones) than the standard retailers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34