Reason #673 why I now really f*cking hate Sony.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by blizeH, Oct 24, 2006.

Oct 24, 2006
  1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

2. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    They'll be back.

3. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Uhh...did I just see the death of Lik-Sang? Damn...

Sony, you fucking suck. There was no need to absolutely destroy Lik-Sang. You assholes.

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Oh shi-. What a shame. I ordered Ouendan from them a while ago and they seemed like a real good company to deal with. I remember going to Hong Kong and trying to find their store which they were advertising on their site but it actually closed down.

5. rezen

Member rezen GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I doubt it.

Man I fucking hate Sony.

6. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Oh no! First play-asia stopped shipping PSP titles to europe and now that ... [​IMG]

I really hate Sony for doing these things! Good choice I already made the decision to never buy a $ony product again after they announced that the lawsuit will propably take liksang down and also that I immediately stopped buying games for my PSP (cancelled three pre-orders). Even better that I didn't buy that much games for my PSP in the first place!! Those goddamn morons! I'm about to smash this thing to pieces ...

7. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    WTF DO THEY WANT?! i don't understand why they're so damn stupid sometimes :S

8. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    This is really annoying. How can we not sound like sony haters whenever we comment on every INDUSTRY-WRECKING decision they take?

Sony, please, get the fuck out of video games.
    Good bye, Lik-Sang, you sold me my GBAMP and tons of other fucking cool stuff [​IMG]

Okay, mourning's over, what other store will replace lik-sang?

PS : seriously, sony, die in a fire.

9. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sony is dead. Their image is below shit now.

10. Kurumi

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    That makes me so proud to have chipped my PS2 and burned over 150 games, it just sucks i can't really take a picture and fax it to Sony.

Honestly, Good luck on self-destruction Sony, you have a fantastic head-start.

11. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Whats stopping you?

Sony Europe has outspent Lik-Sang. Inform Jack Thompson, we have a new story on video game bullying...

12. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Oh crap, there goes my sponsor XD

13. Kurumi

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    The fact i don't have a digital camera ? XD And also the fact i'd rather not get arrested for that [​IMG] It's cowardly, but i like my freedom [​IMG];;

14. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Closing down independant retailers should be banned from capitalism, and the only way we can make this heard is through boycott.
    I stumbled upon a nice copy-pastable text we can all use while writing to our good friends at sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Thank you, Anonymous.

Of course, if you never were a customer, or don't want to boycott, disregard that, etc, etc.
    I'm personally ashamed I bought Shadow of the Colossus. (it was a disappointing game anyway)

15. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's harsh and really is bad PR for Sony. I can understand them going after the mod-chip sellers but Lik-Sang had long since cleaned up their act in that regard. I hope that the ps3 takes a dive like the psp is doing, I for one will not be supporting Sony anymore.

16. Kurumi

Newcomer Kurumi Member

Canada
    If i hear anyone saying Sony rocks, it's an automatic crotch kick from me [​IMG]

Some thinks it's good to look like asses, while others thinks it's better to help kids. I'l let everyone put names on that, shouldn't be hard [​IMG]

17. skywarp

Member skywarp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It seems Sony would rather see people pirating their games than importing them, since that's the only possible effect this will have.

18. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    This is my (small) contribution to boycott Sony.

A part of my showcase before reading this:
    [​IMG]

The same part of my showcase after reading this:
    [​IMG]

19. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    If I understand the root of the lawsuit as well as I think I do, this is about securing SCEE's profits. It's a well known truth that Europe tends to get things later than say the US or Japan. Stores like Lik-Sang facilitate the sales of products not yet available to Europeans thus removing said sale from the European market.

The only way Sony could cleverly beat this is to hit Lik-Sang with so many lawsuits regardless of outcome so LS overspends on legal fees. Sony did what any big corporation would do... secure its profits.

From a legal standpoint, it was a genius strategy. From a consumer standpoint, I'm glad I never paid for a PSP (although I do have one via freepsps.com)

20. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Sony must be made of money to waste so much of it. Does Nintendo bother about people importing consoles NO!!! If Sony didn't want people to import the PSP why make all the games region free and add the english language to the Japanese version? When I got my Japanese PSP I also got an official Sony adapter complete with 3 pin plug [​IMG] made especially for me to play it in the UK.

With all the pirated song memory sticks about you would thing they would be spending money combating that, its not like they never made any money of the Japanese PSPs when they were sold. I'm not going to buy the PS3 and suggest everyone else does the same. Hopefully lik-sang will open up again under a different name and won't sell any sony products.