Gaming Rear Touch Pad Ideas?

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I haven't really seen the rear touch pad in use very much.
What does it do exactly and is it all touch(able)?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
All up to devs on how to use it.
smile.gif

I wonder what kind of innovation can they come out with... It can be very cool
wink.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Discover said:
I believe I saw some kind of game where you such it to raise the grass and move a ball?
Raise the grass? You mean creating mountains? haha
yeah, there was that racing game that lets you change the landscape using the rear touch pad.

If I remember correctly, they showed off how Uncharted's usage of the rear pad too, it was optional though.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I really don't get the point in putting in a rear touch pad. I mean is it really going to be that useful?
It may be useful in some games. But I was thinking of its accuracy o.o
We cant see where we are touching behind the PSV
tongue.gif
!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Innovative, but actually adds to a little discomfort.
frown.gif

You can't hold the Vita like your PSP thanks to it

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's shown off at 0:30 and 1:55 here
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Ni--QnZkRnw[/youtube]
chris888222 said:
Innovative, but actually adds to a little discomfort.
frown.gif

You can't hold the Vita like your PSP thanks to it
You get used to it, like you get used to holding other controllers/handhelds.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tanveer said:
I really don't get the point in putting in a rear touch pad. I mean is it really going to be that useful?
tongue.gif
!
It really doesn't seem that useful, honestly it seems redundant and just seems like a new feature they threw in there just for bragging rights.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif
!
It really doesn't seem that useful, honestly it seems redundant and just seems like a new feature they threw in there just for bragging rights.
You mean like 3D?
tongue.gif

Yeah, the touchpad doesn't really seem to be all that important. It seems stupid actually.

Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif
!
Well, yes. We would have survived without the rear touchpad lol.
They are just trying to increase the ways of controlling a game and introducing new ideas.

As far as I understood, the touch controls are optional for the games of the PSV?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingdomBlade said:
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif
!
You mean like 3D?
tongue.gif

Yeah, the touchpad doesn't really seem to be all that important. It seems stupid actually.
Yes just like the 3D. It's a feature that really doesn't need to be there.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sony aren't like that, they don't force their products down you.
Playstation Move? They don't brag about that like Microsoft does for Kinect, where Microsoft are trying really, really hard to make Kinect a must for upcoming games.
It's just another feature that might or might not be used in future games. The price isn't high and it's definitively not the selling point of the PSV so why complain?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Playstation Move? They don't brag about that like Microsoft does for Kinect, where Microsoft are trying really, really hard to make Kinect a must for upcoming games.
It's just another feature that might or might not be used in future games. The price isn't high and it's definitively not the selling point of the PSV so why complain?
Because they might be adding their own manufacturing costs by adding a useless feature and thus, due to the low price of the PSV, they might be giving themselves problems by adding this.

I hope there's an option to turn it off.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
prowler_ said:
I am not complaining, I am just noting the fact that that feature really doesn't seem too useful and just seem like something they threw in for no real reason.
True they aren't forcing the features, but they are just adding features they really aren't useless and don't help anyone. Such as pointless motion controls and the 3D feature.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KingdomBlade said:
prowler_ said:
Because they might be adding their own manufacturing costs by adding a useless feature and thus, due to the low price of the PSV, they might be giving themselves problems by adding this.

I hope there's an option to turn it off.
If I remember corretly from raulpica's post, a toucscreen/touchpad of that size costs about $6.
How are we going to use that accurately? touch pad on the back o.o
We just have to get used to it I guess.
unsure.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's a good idea, although it seems I'm largely alone in that. Touch screens are great, with one huge flaw: By touching the screen, you are covering parts of it with your hand. Solution? Use a separate touch pad that doesn't involve covering the screen. And leaves thumbs free for using buttons/analogue sticks. Win win IMO. But then my opinion doesn't count for much, I probably won't be getting the thing
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free