Hacking Really strange emuNAND issue

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The traditional Windows partition manager won't show the EmuNAND partition because it's shit. You'll have to use GParted to see and manage it. It'll show as unallocated space on the card.
But even D9 and E9 act like there's no emunand!
Try to see if you have more than one folder inside Nintendo 3DS folder.
I have a lot. I never delete them.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But even D9 and E9 act like there's no emunand!

I have a lot. I never delete them.

Well, there's the issue, each folder is suposed to be from one separated NAND, you only need to have one, is a folder named something like this:

assdkflkalaskdj32lksjd329394jfslkalñañeoe000

well, not exactly that but looks like garbage numbers and characters.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's the issue, each folder is suposed to be from one separated NAND, you only need to have one, is a folder named something like this:

assdkflkalaskdj32lksjd329394jfslkalñañeoe000

well, not exactly that but looks like garbage numbers and characters.
No. That only stores stuff like game data, etc. Not the actual NAND itself, that's in a separate partition.

Reactions: SomeGamer

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No. That only stores stuff like game data, etc. Not the actual NAND itself, that's in a separate partition.

I didn't say it stores the NAND itself, I'm very aware of how NAND partition and emuNAND works, but maybe for an extremely low chance case having those inside are conflicting somehow with the FIRMLAUNCH Aureinand uses.

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I didn't say it stores the NAND itself, I'm very aware of how NAND partition and emuNAND works, but maybe for an extremely low chance case having those inside are conflicting somehow with the FIRMLAUNCH Aureinand uses.
But my N3DS also has a lot of folders there and it just blackscreeens if I hold L (as expected).

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But my N3DS also has a lot of folders there and it just blackscreeens if I hold L (as expected).

To avoid black screens make sure you have the right firmware bins inside of the rei folder.

Well, it's very strange how those folders are conflicting with your HOME menu, since each is NAND encrypted, AKA unlinked NAND data.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the right ones there, the N3DS simply blackscreeens because there is no emunand on SD.
Oh I see.

Well, as I said above, there's no emuNAND, confirmed, it seems that the real problem here are the folders inside your Nintendo 3DS foder, I don't know how that can be since it's imposible, but is the most likely issue (?).

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh I see.

Well, as I said above, there's no emuNAND, confirmed, it seems that the real problem here are the folders inside your Nintendo 3DS foder, I don't know how that can be since it's imposible, but is the most likely issue (?).
BTW, deleted those folders, emuNAND still boots, recreates the folders on start.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
it's seems my old problem is repeating it self because of that guide
this is exactly what happened to me in my O3DS and N3DSXL.
curse that guide
you just replaced emunand with sysnand.

Last edited by aos10,

Lost_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Partition layout is fine. I think it's just some leftover data that didn't get overwritten after formatting, and cfw still somehow manages to use it. Format your card from windows with "quick format" unchecked, and you'll be fine.

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Partition layout is fine. I think it's just some leftover data that didn't get overwritten after formatting, and cfw still somehow manages to use it. Format your card from windows with "quick format" unchecked, and you'll be fine.
That was my guess too. I rarely use that 3DS, just keep it up to date.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he could use Easus Partition Manager to delete the entire SD cards partitioning into Raw format.

Then format it as Fat32

that will GUARANTEE its all removed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello